The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
OT: Ric Sticks it to GC

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

stonebobbo
Posted 2005-07-16 11:55 AM (#143890)
Subject: OT: Ric Sticks it to GC

Santa Ana, February 18, 2005: Rickenbacker notified Guitar Center today that it would not accept further orders for Rickenbacker products, that all existing orders have been cancelled, and no further shipments would be made. All Guitar Center locations will soon be removed from Rickenbacker's list of authorized dealerships and dealer referral system.

Rickenbacker CEO John Hall commented, “It’s a sad day considering our long history, however, it has become increasingly apparent that our style of business is not compatible with that of Guitar Center’s. Their business model and support systems are well optimized to suit sales of mass-produced goods but less efficient for small shop, craftsman-produced products like ours”. He went on to note that this policy will not apply to the Musician’s Friend unit of Guitar Center, which to date has remained under separate, autonomous management. He said, “We have a very positive relationship with Musician’s Friend and can only hope this success will not be affected: that’s up to management at Guitar Center to decide.”

Rickenbacker invented the modern electric guitar as it exists today in 1931 and remains the only major, original electric guitar maker to produce solely in the United States.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
stephent28
Posted 2005-07-16 12:15 PM (#143891 - in reply to #143890)
Subject: Re: OT: Ric Sticks it to GC

Good for them!

They were poorly represented at the various GC's in my area anyway.
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2005-07-16 2:17 PM (#143892 - in reply to #143890)

February???? Well, that explains why I don't see Rickenbackers anymore at my local GC.....I figured it was because they needed the wall space for more Squier Strats and Epi Special IIs and SGs.

Roger
Mark in Boise
Posted 2005-07-16 3:40 PM (#143893 - in reply to #143890)

I didn't know GC carried Rickenbackers either. It's almost impossible right now to walk around our local GC right now because of all the guitars they have. That and you trip over some gothic, pierced, grungy person. The little guitar shop a couple blocks from work has them in a respectable display with other respectable brands, but no Ovations.
MWoody
Posted 2005-07-16 9:25 PM (#143894 - in reply to #143890)

Mark,
"some gothic, pierced, grungy person"

Sir, you are old!

Just ask him "Fresh, or Saltwater?" as to which tackle box they fell face first into!
Mark in Boise
Posted 2005-07-16 9:28 PM (#143895 - in reply to #143890)

I am always in fear of getting snagged by one of those guys or speared by their hair. I am old. Some days I feel it. Now that I quit playing soccer at 52, I can't even get the satisfaction on running over a young guy or at least kicking him in the shins.
Wuzhizzoner
Posted 2005-07-17 7:16 AM (#143896 - in reply to #143890)

Very disappointing, but I can understand why.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)