The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
new owner

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

jaj
Posted 2005-08-19 6:46 PM (#140083)
Subject: new owner

I just got my first ovation!!! it is a limited edition celebrity, with the multi sound holes and leaf epaulets. it is also black, with a cool border. i can't find any info though cuz it wasn't made in the usa. the model number is cp 2002
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Stevechapman
Posted 2005-08-19 6:55 PM (#140084 - in reply to #140083)
Subject: Re: new owner

That would be the Korean version of The 2002 Colectors. some of The Celebrity versions were really nice and I believe at least two of them featured Soild Spruce tops.I can't remember what years though.Congrats on your new Ovation.
Capo Guy
Posted 2005-08-19 7:24 PM (#140085 - in reply to #140083)

Welcome to the club. :)

You've got a good start. Now you need to add an American "O" to your stash.

Lots of good information on this site and enough pics in the gallery to give anyone GAS. :D
jaj
Posted 2005-08-21 12:06 AM (#140086 - in reply to #140083)

i was wondering if anyone knew how to change the action on this guitar. i checked under the bridge and there was just this bar thing there, any advice?
Paul Blanchard
Posted 2005-08-21 6:41 AM (#140087 - in reply to #140083)

Assuming you pulled out the bridge saddle, the 'bar thing' is the pickup. You do NOT want to mess with that.

Continuing with that assumption: if you want to lower the action, you may have a serious problem. If you want to raise it, put a shim under the bridge saddle. There are probably threads you can search for the best suggestions. I always have lots of Ovation factory shims around, so I have never had to improvise.
ignimbyte
Posted 2005-08-21 7:51 AM (#140088 - in reply to #140083)

Welcome to the OFC jaj! :)

Based on your initial posting, I think that you and your Ovation guitar (regardless of where it's made from) will have a very fruitful partnership. I too, once owned guitars made in Korea and my experiences with them have been positive. My applause is made in China and I'm quite contented with it (it would be much nicer if it's made in Korea though), and my LXM is made in Mexico.

Unfortunately, I can't give you any advice on lowering the action on your guitar, except to take it to an authorized Ovation dealer for a set up ... the tech ppl. seem to know what they're doing, but I would suggest a local music shop as opposed to a retail chain such as GC.

It took my balladeer two set-ups in its first three months of ownership. If you're daring as I was, I allowed the tech to file the top of the saddle, when he could not go any further with the bottom. The result is action that's low and comfortable to play, but without compromising its tone. It never needed one since then. It also plays great plugged in.

I asked for the same thing with the applause, which resulted in an unusually bright and weaker sound. Nevertheless, I'm not complaining cos the guitar plays comfortably (more than what I asked for), and it can always be amplified accordingly to my taste and preferences. This one, however, goes through neck adjustments at least once a year, depending on the seasons.

Peace!
Gil
Beal
Posted 2005-08-21 9:33 AM (#140089 - in reply to #140083)

Welcome, you'll like it here.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)