The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Assistance for former employees

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Tony Calman
Posted 2014-05-05 12:14 AM (#486246)
Subject: Assistance for former employees

Originally posted under Books:

As to the guitar at the airport, one of books, etc., has there been any thought about a fundraiser for the 'former' employees that have helped us for so many years (Ovation, Adamas, Hamer)?

An aside, cheap and easy to create a non-profit where donations could be tax deductible. Physical items (i.e., guitar, amp, etc.) could be listed on OFC with proceeds paid to the non-profit. Remember, a lot our posts end up on the internet which itself creates visibility.

I am pretty sure that I could find a guitar that would be appropriate. Maybe something from the 1718-X Garris prototype to an Adamas. Which guitar would be determined by how much Scotch I had in my system.

Any thoughts as to this?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2014-05-05 8:18 AM (#486251 - in reply to #486246)
Subject: Re: Assistance for former employees

tony holding auctions etc are a legal nightmare we have gone down this road before.

please contact Miles he has spoke to several internet lawyers in regards to these matters
KKeller
Posted 2014-05-07 12:35 AM (#486351 - in reply to #486246)

Tony,
Thanks for the thought. We all had a meeting today with the CT DOL and found out about what benefits we will receive, unemployment insurance, et al. Fortunately we qualify as 'displaced workers' because our jobs essentially went to China. I hope you can see the irony and humor in telling a roomful of guys in their fifties and sixties (many of whom are world-class woodworkers) that we qualify for retraining benefits! AFAIK, no one has been offered a job in Oxnard, not that many would consider it.

KK
Tony Calman
Posted 2014-05-07 2:55 AM (#486355 - in reply to #486246)

Kim. I believe you know that you have a bunch of crazies here that so appreciate what all of the staff has done. I especially appreciate our phone conversations (not letting John off the hook, maybe we can make him blush).

Hopefully, Fender is on the hook for retirement benefits.

Maybe we can help if there are individual cases. Even if we sell a guitar as an individual and we have an individual or group that we can send the proceeds. Of course, we don't have to sell a guitar as it could be just a $ contribution.

Some of us have helped OFC'ers when needed. Personally, when someone had to sell a guitar due to medical and/or financial reasons and no one bought their listings, I have bought it. Guess that is why I have been called an 'adoption agency' in the past. I remember several times that a guitar was sent to someone gratis. I believe most of us see this group (and the employees) as a family. As I see it, it is the right thing to do.

Edited by Tony Calman 2014-05-07 2:56 AM
FlySig
Posted 2014-05-07 8:52 AM (#486366 - in reply to #486246)

Tony, I agree and I am in on contributing what I can if there are any Mothership hardship cases. Also perhaps we can help with networking if anyone is looking for a job in a location or field any OFC member is in.
MusicMishka
Posted 2014-05-07 3:53 PM (#486388 - in reply to #486246)

Thanks Tony for these posts...I agree 100% Kim that you have a bunch of Adamas/Ovation crazy (:-)) folks who so appreciate you folks...any thing we can do to help, I would do and probably speak for quite a few folks who feel the same way...these are more than guitars to me...they all have the imprint of the lives of the Luithiers in each one...and as someone who just took early retirement, it happens to most of us but if given the option, we'd still be working...best wishes to you all. A simple thanks seems rather small.
Mike

Edited by MusicMishka 2014-05-07 3:55 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)