The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 123
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
The Future of the OFC

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Old Man Arthur
Posted 2014-05-07 1:05 AM (#486352 - in reply to #486344)
Subject: RE: The Future of the OFC

Timolin - 2014-05-06 7:26 PM

Are the AX Custom Legends and Elites not quality Ovations?

All that I know is that in 2007 or 8 (whenever they started) you could buy Factory 2nd TX and AX "USED" on eBay before first quality Korean Ovations were available at MF, GC, or anywhere else.

The reason being is TIME.
They want quantity, they don't want to take the Time to set-up an LX neck joint.
Which is why there are so many Asian O's with High Action.
They just put them together... They they inspect them.
If they fail, they will sell them as 2nds.
So there are a bunch of factory Reject Ovations running around.

With the Asian Ovations it is hit or miss.
Which is why some many people say that Ovations suck...
They got a crappy import, and told the world about it.
Look through the internet... Complaints always get more coverage than Praise.

But with USA Ovations, everything that left New Hartford was top quality.
If a guitar failed inspection, they sent it back through to be fixed...
After the defect was corrected, they sold it as an "FRG" with a 5 Year warranty.

One last thing... I bought a 1778TX because I couldn't find a USA T.
The TX was actually a Nice guitar... Until I found a Real 1778T and played them side-by-side.
That is when you can hear and feel the difference.
So I am not saying the Asian O's suck... I would just rather have a USO.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2014-05-07 1:46 AM (#486353 - in reply to #485632)
Subject: Re: The Future of the OFC

Been reading this thread and wanted to address the idea of a separate category for non-USA Ovations. I see no reason for it. An Ovation is an Ovation. There are entry level models and there are higher end models. The Entry level models were mostly not made in Hartford, although some where. The high end models were mostly made in Hartford. The entry level guitars do not play and sound like the high-end models. If they did, well that would just be kinda silly. The non-USA models didn't have the same Warranty... if they did it would be silly. This forum has "made in usa" snobs just like anywhere else.

So here's my bottom line. Instead of another forum because some snobs feel they need to belittle someone else's guitar, lets just not belittle someone else's guitar. As far as folks who use this site, there will ALWAYS be 1000's more using this site than who post. If you are one who is reading this that doesn't post... THANK YOU FOR VISITING !!!! I hope you found the info you needed, I hope you tell your friends, and I hope you visit often. If there is anything we can help you with.... feel free to post.

Back to the mini-topic within a topic... We have several separate forum for legitimately different categories that already do not get used, I see no reason to dilute things further.

Tony Calman
Posted 2014-05-07 2:37 AM (#486354 - in reply to #485632)

Al and Miles, thanks for the consideration.

There were two reasons I wrote to Al and Miles, as well as posting. [1] consider a separate category and/or [2] discuss that sometimes OFC'er were dismissive (couple of times, I cpuld even say rude) of non-US guitar owners.

As they had no where else to go for information on their guitar, I felt that have we discouraged potential Ovation owners that could be future members of the OFC (and buyers if someone wanted to sell a guitar.)

Imagine if there was a regional get-together and we encouraged them to attend...their paw prints would be all over any US Ovation or Adamas that was there.

We had some good postings from long term US Ovation/Adamas owners that have off shore gutiars/ukes and/or know something about them.

Note that either [1] or [2] can do the same thing...so, if we can help, great. If something that one of us doesn't know, we tried.

Edited by Tony Calman 2014-05-07 2:38 AM
Lonnie
Posted 2014-05-07 10:31 AM (#486370 - in reply to #485632)

This discussion reminds me a lot of the song "The Trees" by rush...
dwg preacher
Posted 2014-05-07 11:20 AM (#486372 - in reply to #486370)

Lonnie - 2014-05-07 9:31 AM This discussion reminds me a lot of the song "The Trees" by rush...

With Fender wielding the hatchet, axe, and saw?

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)