The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Said Goodbye to an old friend today.

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Thanksforallthefish
Posted 2005-05-12 8:15 PM (#151023)
Subject: Said Goodbye to an old friend today.

Veronica... my 71 Balladeer w/underbridge pu, went to a friend @ work who had to have a nice old Ovation. He offered more than double my original purchase price and told me I can visit her anytime.

I have several other financial commitments and guitars on my short list(PD12 from ST). :D and another 12-string elite.

I have also adopted the 1112 Classic Balladeer to stand in her stead. straight acoustic, and sounds just as sweet(almost), but I have plenty of mikes and peripherals to remedy that if needed.

She has been my Excalibur for quite some time and would never let her get too far out of pocket, but I've known this guy for over 6 years now and he assures me that if she were ever considered for sale again that I would have first refusal.

Plus I'll get him to finally put that Taylor down... maybe for good. :p

I am also getting a nice old tube-type twin reverb, chorus, flanger + EFX peavey with 2 extra sets of tubes in different flavors, amp cover, and original footswitch in the deal(twin 12"scorps 60watts per channel stereo)...Just had to get something for the old Preacher to have fun with and feel comfortable and at home...

so if anyone's interested I have a 4 month old Kustom Quad65(1x12 celestion) w/efx and pedal/switch that's available cheap.

gonna miss her I know... but she won't be far away, and I know she'll be well loved.

God Bless,

Glenn
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Standingovation
Posted 2005-05-12 8:25 PM (#151024 - in reply to #151023)
Subject: Re: Said Goodbye to an old friend today.

Glenn, you did a noble thing. But beware about the offer to "visit her anytime you want". I've been suckered into this one myself. They say you can come over and play anytime, but then when you try to they suddenly back-peddle and revoke your visitation rights. They are afraid that it will re-kindle old feelings and that you will file for custody. It all gets really messy. Enjoy your bliss now, it won't last. But you can still live a life of happiness from the memories of your time with such a nice guitar. Dave
stephent28
Posted 2005-05-12 10:29 PM (#151025 - in reply to #151023)

Glenn, speaking of the PD12, did you ever get the tunes working so you could listen to it?
Thanksforallthefish
Posted 2005-05-12 10:36 PM (#151026 - in reply to #151023)

yep... sorry I didn't respond to the thread. personally liked cryin time the best, more my style. mmt came in 2nd in my book.

friend of mine has me playin around in cubase now as well so gonnna see what I can screw around with.

God Bless,

Glenn
Slipkid
Posted 2005-05-13 5:42 AM (#151027 - in reply to #151023)

I feel for you Glen.
With my AD-II, I really don't need my '71 Balladeer anymore. But I have owned that guitar so long that the sentimental value has grown quite large.
You had some good reasons though. It goes to someone you know, it will displace a Taylor, and you did get some good money for it.
My Balladeer is getting some loving care at the Mothership right now. Perhaps when it comes back I'll play it more often.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)