The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
1868 LX SShallow Elite FRG ??

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Jim D
Posted 2005-05-19 2:36 PM (#150278)
Subject: 1868 LX SShallow Elite FRG ??

Just wondering about this LX Super Shallow Elite I found on flea bay from Oklahoma Vintage Guitar. I have not seen a super shallow LX anywhere else. It is an FRG, and I am not sure what the implications are on that.

In any event, just looking for some thoughts on this model. I belive the price was somewhere around $1100.00.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Stevechapman
Posted 2005-05-19 2:51 PM (#150279 - in reply to #150278)
Subject: Re: 1868 LX SShallow Elite FRG ??

There have been some Super Shallow Lx Models that were intended for the Export market that have actually stayed here in the US. There is nothing wrong with an FRG, to the contrary it simply mens that the guitar was reconditioned at the factory and the warranty is a 5 year warranty instead of the limitedlifetime warranty of Brand new Non frg Ovation. Oklahoma vintage Guitar is very reputable. Several OFC members have done business with them. They are the Ebay business for Best Price Guitar in Oklahoma City. if you have any questions on theproduct, Bro. Bobby is very quick to answer emails and you can also call him as well. Let us know what you decide.
Jim D
Posted 2005-05-19 3:15 PM (#150280 - in reply to #150278)

Thanks Steve.
Elite LX
Posted 2005-05-19 6:15 PM (#150281 - in reply to #150278)

I too have looked at there E-Bay sells at times. Have a great rating and believe me you can get ragged easily there for any small thing as well as big things.
worshipleader
Posted 2005-05-19 9:07 PM (#150282 - in reply to #150278)

I bought an 1868LX FRG from Victor Litz on ebay a couple of months ago. I couldn't find ANYTHING wrong with the guitar when it came or since. Plain words - I LOVE IT. I've had several SS Ovations and just didn't like the acoustic sound of any of them except an 1868T. The rest were all too thin sounding acoustically - not enough bottom end or resonance for my taste. The 1868T was a quantum leap better, but the 1868LX is better than that even - really nice big(ger) sound, not nearly as big and rich as my 6778LX, but completely usable unplugged. Of course, plug any of them in and the sound differences equalize in a hurry.

I find myself using the 1868LX when I think that I'm gonna mostly be playing plugged in because it is a little easier to play with respect to my round belly. If I'm playing acoustically, it is the 6778LX beacuse it has a little richer, and I think louder, sound.

As far as the FRG thing - buy without trepidation. I haven't seen anyone here who has had anything at all negative to say about an FRG, quality or sound wise.

As far as Oklahoma Vintage Guitar ... well, he is a straight up guy that is selling his stuff for a LOT of money. I paid about $780 for my 1868LX FRG from Litz in an auction, so don't bite from Brother Bobby B a Oklahoma Vintage unless you really don't mind paying $500-$600 too much for it.

A Taylor playing friend of mine (with a round belly too) played my 1868LX and said if I ever found another one he'd buy it sight unseen, so I called Al. Whamo, a week later my buddy had his guitar -- AND the Taylor has been resting comfortably in its overpriced case for the last month or so! :D
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)