The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Considering Ovation Purchase

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

jotto
Posted 2015-10-18 1:43 AM (#516304)
Subject: Considering Ovation Purchase

Hey All,

I came across a used Ovation Standard Balladeer 6751 earlier today. It has a Sitka top in natural wood color. Have never really played an Ovation before and don't know much about them. Was looking at 12-strings in the sub-$800 price range and came across this one for $350 with a Roadrunner hardshell case. I really loved the feel and sound and wound up putting it on hold so I could think about it. I looked up the serial number and found out its from 2002. It is a Made in USA model. I'm no expert but it seemed to be in very good condition other than needing some new strings. It's also missing the battery cover so would love any advice on how to find that replacement part if I do decide to go back for this guitar.

I came across this forum tonight while trying to research Ovation and this model a bit and would just love any advice on this guitar. Is this is a good price? Does this model generally hold up well or need repair work often?
Any other info or thoughts on this model would be very much appreciated. I've never owned a 12-string and honestly just don't know much about Ovation although I'm finding from the brief research I've done that this model seems to be well-liked and reviewed.

Thanks so much for any info you can offer.

Jeff

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2015-10-18 3:46 AM (#516308 - in reply to #516304)
Subject: Re: Considering Ovation Purchase

Okay Jeff/Otto...

If you have already tried it and like the feel and sound, Go For It.
If the guitar is in Good Shape (only you can decide that) it is Definitely worth $350.
That is a discount price for a USA Ovation.

As to the battery cover, that depends on which kind of battery cover.
Generally, you can find another cover on eBay or you can contact Ovation Repair.
jotto
Posted 2015-10-18 2:40 PM (#516320 - in reply to #516304)

Thanks Arthur. I appreciate your reply. I emailed Ovation Repair about the battery cover. Anyone have experience with this specific model? Anything to look for in terms of problems or issues?
Damon67
Posted 2015-10-18 4:26 PM (#516323 - in reply to #516304)

Welcome Jeff,

There are only a few people allowed access to respond in this section. I've updated your status to full member. If you ask your question in the main general section, you will most likely get more responses.

jotto
Posted 2015-10-18 7:53 PM (#516328 - in reply to #516304)

Thanks so much Damon67!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)