The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
"Ive been dazed an confused for so long bout y....."ovations

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

gam1954
Posted 2004-04-25 3:43 PM (#189190)
Subject: "Ive been dazed an confused for so long bout y....."ovations

well....it's me again....and do you wonder why the editor of the local paper hates it when I write in...kinda wanderin". Ok, I've been looking and maybe I'm not smart enough to find it or just over looked it...but why all the different Ovation electric acoustics and why is a USA built better than a "other place" built and why can"t I find anything that I feel would be helpful in "catching up" (The History of Ovation Guitars),yadayadayada.....HELP!!!! I thought that the Celebrity (CS257) was a top line model (until I was reading some old "threads" in here)and all I could compare was the Medallion (spelling?) that I once tried to buy at the age of 17 (another story)and why does my Deacon have a colored neck and a clear magohony (%$&%$ spelling) body but plays like "soft butter" and really sounds neat thru my little Marshall MG215CD, yes I finally decided on a amp for electrics...hey ! am I rambling yet??!!!!
Ok...I need one (or all) of you guys to step up and "mentor" me in the right direction for info and Ovation knowledge. I will check back for replies but now my wife is mentoring me in the direction of the master bath that I promised I would clean.
I am as always,
LPG. :confused:
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2004-04-25 4:10 PM (#189191 - in reply to #189190)
Subject: Re: "Ive been dazed an confused for so long bout y....."ovations

Go into the archives section of this website and read what's been said over the last 2 years regarding USA vs. Celebrity Ovations. You'll find a lot of information.
gam1954
Posted 2004-04-25 6:44 PM (#189192 - in reply to #189190)

Thanks Paul....I did go to the reference link on the side bar (of OFC) and found something about Celebrities, I'm not sure if you were refering to this website or the ovation guitar web site. If I follow, then the Applause and the Celebrity are the only guitars made off shore. Can anyone tell me the "pecking order" of the USA guitars and I'm talking about current models. :D
Paul Blanchard
Posted 2004-04-25 8:22 PM (#189193 - in reply to #189190)

An non-exhaustive taxonomy of basic USA Ovations:
Custom Elite - Custom Legend
Collectors' Edition
Elite - Legend
Balladeer

Now there is also a very cool LX series, as well as some specialty guitars such as the Longneck, Country Artist, Folklore, and Viper.

And the Elite T is a nice model made for sturdy use without nicer cosmetic appointments.

I hope this helps.
MWoody
Posted 2004-04-25 10:59 PM (#189194 - in reply to #189190)

The Celebrity series instruments are made using technical specifications provided by Kaman as well as the same bowls and electronics found in the USA Ovations.

Celebrities use the type of mahogany found readily in the Pacific Rim for their necks. They utilized veneers for tops and additional bridge pinning for strength and to compensate for less quality steps allowed in meeting those specs.

Celebrities are build strong and are available in a vast assortment of colors, texture and bowl variations. They are very good guitars. Student and Sailors will have a hard time damaging them.

They do not have the same quality of workmanship put into them as the solid topped Usa models. I have seen flaws in the finish, partially glued epaulets and uneven edges on the fretboard and kerfling (of the Celbs)that CT would not let pass.

The Celebs are affordable, available a great way to start. The Applause may apply as well.

Consider a rebuilt Chevy 350 Short Block. You can find the lowest price and get the minimum spec met in a unit. Or for a little bit more you can gain better quality assurance and reliability.

Peace
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)