The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Just got an Applause 128

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Wildgift
Posted 2013-02-25 1:48 AM (#465755)
Subject: Just got an Applause 128

Loving it. I am 56 and just taking up guitar. I find the Applause so much easier to play than my Ric 330. Crazy I know but the narrow neck and lacquered frets were really slowing me down in my progress. My music shop where I take lessons had a ruby 128 and I tried it and fell in love. It is so easy to play and is gorgeous. It fits my body like a glove and i have not experienced any sliding at all, another common complaint.

I'm looking to learn mostly rhythm guitar to play stuff like rem, old 97s, decemberists, Dylan, the jam, clash, Johnny cash etc etc.

I grew up near New Hartford, Ct and have a sentimental attachment as well.

I googled this guitar and some seem to say it sounds thin, but I haven't even plugged it in and it sounds great.

One thing though. My guitar had no manual. Is there one? Any tips would be appreciated. What is best for cleaning the front and back? I ordered a fender guitar cloth but could find no tips on cleaning the bowl.
Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TAFKAR
Posted 2013-02-25 4:12 PM (#465776 - in reply to #465755)
Subject: Re: Just got an Applause 128

A damp cloth will be fine for cleaning the bowl, similar for the front, but you could also use a mild window cleaner to get rid of fingermarks etc. I'm not familiar with that exact model, but I presume the fretboard is wooden, in which case you could oil it with fretboard oil about once or twice per year - do this when you change the strings.

Welcome to the club, hope you hang around and enjoy the madness. A moderator will be along shortly to grant you full access.
Damon67
Posted 2013-02-26 1:05 AM (#465788 - in reply to #465755)

wildgift, feel free to move about the cabin. you've been upgraded to full member.

I do believe the AE128 is dishwasher safe (top rack only)
Wildgift
Posted 2013-02-26 10:15 PM (#465811 - in reply to #465755)

Many thanks folks. Dishwasher set to stemware, just to be safe. I'm putting some elixir .10s on it for my newbie fingers. So far, it's really an awesome instrument, modest cost notwithstanding.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)