The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Celebrity double neck revisited

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

45flint
Posted 2004-05-09 3:11 PM (#188128)
Subject: Celebrity double neck revisited

I got my ebay doubleneck back from the shop where they repaired the unclued braces and lowered the action on both necks. Lays Guitar shop in Akron. What a job they did on the necks. I know a lot of you here wouldn't even think of buying a Celebrity and I can appreciate that. I have only had American made spruce top ovations my best being a very good sounding 1993 Collectors. Last week at Sam Ash's I tried out the new LX's and a Celebrity that was made special for Sam Ash stores with beautiful quilt top. Acoustically the Celebrity was terrible. But hear me out on the Celebrity doubleneck.
First, with my three American Ovations I have had to take out one shim and I was good to go on the neck. American Ovations come from the factory set up to go. With this Korean guitar I had to have the neck professional done. I think that goes with this territory, will add cost, but now it is awesome fingeringwise. Acoustically it is not a bad guitar, it will surprise you. The sound is not as complex and mellow as my 1993 but it is surprisingly loud. I think that is due to the overall size of the body because it is a doubleneck. Electrically it is very good, again it would surprise you.
I bought it because I have always wanted a doubleneck and I admit it was a toy. But I think it may be my praise band main guitar from now on. It is very interesting to go from 6 to 12 as the mood of the music seems to fit. If you are playing a praise band set you can't just switch guitars, but I can switch necks. The 12 just sounds awesome on some material and on some it just doesn't work. It was an absolute blast playing it today and switching back and forth.
I am starting to see on solo's how a verse in 6 and a chorus in 12 will add emphasis and verity. It just adds a lot of interesting possibilites.
Don't underestimate this guitar and its sound. It is a joy, and having the flame is just an added bonus: it does turn heads.
Steve
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MWoody
Posted 2004-05-09 11:38 PM (#188129 - in reply to #188128)
Subject: Re: Celebrity double neck revisited

It sounds like the right pairing of guitar and player. Congratulations!

As I have started to rant in Paul Huber's string, the diff between the USA and the Overseas models is the skill and attention put into them. The design and "backbone" they share is still awesome!

In finding a skilled Craftsman to fill the gap you seem to have done well. Pick up the tools you have and go far!
weeksuk
Posted 2004-05-10 2:55 AM (#188130 - in reply to #188128)

Steve,

the lead guitarist has just brought one and i hope he likes it as much as you, he used ti be a bit scepticle about o's until i let him try my viper acoustic bass.
45flint
Posted 2004-05-10 6:46 AM (#188131 - in reply to #188128)

By the way I just got a reply from a Japanese music store. They would sell the flame doubleneck csd215 shipped to Ohio for $1315.00. I was just curious what the cost would be since this is the only retail sourse I know of. His email english is passable.

Steve
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)