The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Ovation Pitchperson

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Wuzhizzoner
Posted 2004-04-19 8:29 AM (#189880 - in reply to #189855)
Subject: Re: Ovation Pitchperson

Originally posted by Mr. Ovation
Ovation needs another Glen Campbell. Most likely someone early in their career, maybe in their 20's or early 30's, who will be playing and performing 30 years from now.

Miles: While I do agree with you that getting an endorser for the long haul is best, I believe some exposure by some of the more popular guitarists would alsso help. For example, Jon Bon Jovi or other artists who are immensly popular. Mellencamp using an Elite T on an album cover would do wonders.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2004-04-19 8:40 AM (#189881 - in reply to #189855)

I've offered to be the spokesperson but no one cares
CharlieB
Posted 2004-04-19 9:37 AM (#189882 - in reply to #189855)

Maybe its because they DO care that they graciously declined your offer
Stevechapman
Posted 2004-04-19 9:37 AM (#189883 - in reply to #189855)

Al,
Relax, We're putting you on the cover of The OFC Jam 2004 Official Bootleg Release.You and you r Ovation! Gee,..Most of us only made the Photos for the booklet inside the CD Tray! :D
alpep
Posted 2004-04-19 12:36 PM (#189884 - in reply to #189855)

the bootleg will be doomed for disaster.
moody, p.i.
Posted 2004-04-19 2:56 PM (#189885 - in reply to #189855)

If Al's picture was on the cover of the OFC cd, we'd all have to carry them around in plain brown paper bags.
Stevechapman
Posted 2004-04-19 4:09 PM (#189886 - in reply to #189855)

Moody,
It was sooo funny the guy workiing on the cover said it was a great photo of Jerry Garcia..
he didn't have a clue and i didn't tell him any different. :D
alpep
Posted 2004-04-19 4:57 PM (#189887 - in reply to #189855)

Jerry?

oh God I AM doomed.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2004-04-19 6:01 PM (#189888 - in reply to #189855)

Hey Hizonner,
I guess we are on the same page, and although a fan of the artists you mention, for the sake of "promotion" they are long out of the loop in my opinion. There are plenty of artists who have material out today, new and fresh. I'm not even saying limit to current artists. Bon Jovi is an option as he appears in a lot of high profile places. I just think tryiing to "attract" an artist that is closer to the end of their career than begining, isn't what Ovation needs. Young artists don't know Bon Jovi, or Mellencamp or anyone over 30 for that matter. Some do, but most don't. Why waste a guitar on someone (endorecement) that isn't going to be seen by but a few 1000 folks, when one well placed guitar with someone like Mayer would be seen in front of maybe 100,000 or more just this year, not to mention the millions who would see it on MTV. I don't watch a lot of CMT, but there are a gazzillion artists on that are very popular, who with one appearance would put the sight of an Ovation into Millions of homes, several times a day.

Don't get me wrong, Ovation has some great guitar players and singer/songwriters as spokesman and women. But they are artists that are seen by thousands at best. Kaki King was seen by more people in 3 minutes on Konan than I would guess most of the artists we have mentioned have been seen by in the past year. Look what Josh Homme did for a guitar they don't even make anymore with a visit to the tonight show over a year ago. Could you imagine if John Mayer was playing a new LX in his latest video, or Dave Mathews was playing one in his new video where he appears with Blue Man Group.

In reality, as Ovation is already back-ordered on the LX models, they might not even be able to handle the influx.

click
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)