The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Wouldn't It Be Nice...

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Nils
Posted 2004-03-24 9:43 PM (#191558 - in reply to #191533)
Subject: Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice...

Originally posted by VeeKaChu:
After my first night on the job with the Yammy, my fingers are killing me. Can anyone here tell me where's a good place to get a lefty nut for this beast?

I'm sure as hell not gunna give ya' MY left nut for a guitar that makes your fingers hurt! :)

/\/\/
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nils
Posted 2004-03-24 9:50 PM (#191559 - in reply to #191533)

Btw, I'm really enjoying reading about great playing Pacemakers, especially 12 string Pacemakers. Mine should be here next Wednesday!

/\/\/
Nils
Posted 2004-03-24 9:58 PM (#191560 - in reply to #191533)

Originally posted by cliff:
It's funny, now that you mention it . . . a lot of times I'll look at the cost of something and relate it to number of gigs . . . . "I can just play four gigs and buy that" . . . if it's coming from the proceeds of what you enjoy doing in the first place, it makes it a little less painful.

That makes sense. If I keep the empty root beer cans to trade in (Oregon refund 5 cents!), after I play at 2-3 parties I could get a new pick!

/\/\/
VeeKaChu
Posted 2004-03-25 12:55 AM (#191561 - in reply to #191533)

Originally posted by MWoody:
Try stewmac.com for replacement parts.
That *is* a sweet site, thanks. They even have nuts right on the front page. Blank ones. And about a eleventy-hundred dollars worth of tools to properly fashion what I need... ;)

Nils- I don't mind that it hurts some- after all, as I've stated I'm intentionally playing this l'il folky with the higher action and heavier strings so that when I get home to my O it seems even more of a joy (this is my fourth attempt to become proficient with the git in 45 years, though the most earnest, and I *will* get it this time).

But I do think that with the RH nut it *is* unecessarily high and not ideal within the guitar's intrinsic context. But, as Procul Harum sang, I will soldier on...
Nils
Posted 2004-03-25 1:22 AM (#191562 - in reply to #191533)

Only a bad joke, never mind.....

/\/\/
VeeKaChu
Posted 2004-03-25 1:48 AM (#191563 - in reply to #191533)

NP Nils, just making small-talk! ;)

Back on topic, I just came back to my desk after playing some scales out by the elevators.

OMG, if you can bring a guitar to work, AND you work in an empty 17 floor building with an open brick atrium, ooh, chills!

Too bad I'm so self-conscious though- heard the elevator bell begin to ding (night security doing rounds) and I scurried back into my office...
MWoody
Posted 2004-03-25 9:32 AM (#191564 - in reply to #191533)

Vee,

Two suggestions:

1) Use open chords in E such as Asus 002200, Bsus 024400, C#m 046600, E 079900, Fm 044200, G#m 066400 et al. This will allow you to "open up" the guitar's sound - especially in an open "auditorium" like what you have.

2) Next time you anticipate the security check coming through - be prepared. Set up by the elevator with your case open and a sign that reads "Will Play for Increased Security"! You'll make friends with the only armed personnel in the building and it may be a high spot on their routine!

Peace
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)