The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
TROUBLE W/ULTRA GP

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

bmychal
Posted 2005-08-14 5:44 PM (#140718)
Subject: TROUBLE W/ULTRA GP

i`m having trouble with my sound in the neck p/u.bridge p/u sounds ok.am i right that there are two pole pieces on each p/u?what is the function of each?i`ve adjusted each and just can`t find a happy medium.i`ve even played on another amp and am still not happy.also,i had my amp re-tubed(groove tubes) and biased.sounds very pingy or metalic sounding.i`m wondering if this might be part of the problem.i was happier with the stock tubes.btw,i play into a marshall artist 4203.i`m not a guitar geek but i would appreciate any help.thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
leroy
Posted 2005-08-14 9:46 PM (#140719 - in reply to #140718)
Subject: Re: TROUBLE W/ULTRA GP

go to www . ovation guitar. com and download manual for care and feeding of your ovation it gives a detailed breakdown of the pickups and shims(if applicable) and instructions for set up they also have instructions for all of the different preamp setups on previous guitars hope that helps, if it doesnt im sure some of the guys here can tell you from first hand experience
bmychal
Posted 2005-08-15 9:36 AM (#140720 - in reply to #140718)
Subject: Re: TROUBLE W/ULTRA GP

didn`t find a whole lot there.just got a picture and breakdown on hardware.probably should have a pro set it up.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)