The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Looking for a mid-depth A/E

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

PeterD
Posted 2011-06-06 2:19 PM (#351337)
Subject: Looking for a mid-depth A/E

A missionary friend of mine in Taiwan has been playing my Ultra 1527 while I have been here in the US, and she has been bitten by the roundback bug. But she would like to get something not quite so deep. She wants to be able to plug in during worship, and prefers in a natural finish. At this point she isn't too aware of the differences between a solid and a ply top.

Besides the Country Artist/Classic are there other mid-depth bowls and how does a mid-depth compare to a shallow bowl? She may be happy with a Celebrity, but I'd like to see if there are other options.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2011-06-06 2:26 PM (#351338 - in reply to #351337)
Subject: Re: Looking for a mid-depth A/E

Look at all the used LX models on ebay and other sources. Everything that doesn't have a model number that starts with a 20, is going to be a mid depth bowl....
FlySig
Posted 2011-06-06 4:31 PM (#351339 - in reply to #351337)
Subject: Re: Looking for a mid-depth A/E

1778LX and 6778LX are the multi-hole Elite LX with solid top and mid depth bowl. Plugged in there may not be any real difference between bowl depths, but unplugged the mid bowl will have a natural sound similar to a wood box guitar, while the shallower bowls can sound thin unplugged.

There are a lot of model numbers which will be mid depth.

If she is looking for you to bring something back to her, definitely look for a used LX. If she wants to buy something over there, she may want to look at the AX and TX guitars made in Asia.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)