The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation In Print

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

John B
Posted 2004-05-02 9:11 AM (#188678)
Subject: Ovation In Print

I was looking through some of the many guitar magazines that I subscribe to and came across some interesting items. I found two Ovation full page ads that I have never seen. I scanned them and posted them in the photo gallery (since I don't know how to post them on this board). I created an album called Ovation Ads, if you would like to take a look. One is for the new LX series and the other is an Adamas ad featuring Melissa Etheridge. Both ads look much better than some of the other ones that I've seen.

I was also reading an article in Guitar World Acoustic about buying entry level guitars. One of their recommended guitars is none other than the Celebrity Deluxe. It was nice to see Ovation get a mention but I wish that they would have at least made some mention of Ovation USA. Oh well, you can't have everything. The Celebrity is an excellent guitar for the money in my opinion. It was also the guitar that made me an Ovation fan in the first place.

John
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MWoody
Posted 2004-05-02 4:52 PM (#188679 - in reply to #188678)
Subject: Re: Ovation In Print

I read that article and decided not to spend $6 on the magazine when my excitement went down to disgust. They did list the Celebrity with the others - and mentioned it was related to the higher end USA Ovation.

What pissed me off was that the article was on guitars you can get for under $1000. This is where the-list-price-that-nobody-ever-buys-it-at hurt us. Three out of four of the LX's are available at under $1000 and would absolutely kick butt on any of the Comparibles from the article.

In this age of instant information/gratification there is no reason to pay full mark-up.

In protest I will have my MF catalog in my back pocket as I walk through GC.
John B
Posted 2004-05-02 5:03 PM (#188680 - in reply to #188678)
Subject: Re: Ovation In Print

Musicians Friend is Guitar Center's online outlet, so they have to match any price that's in the cataloge. It's not highly publicized but the manager of my local GC confirmed it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)