The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Country Artist Received

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

MWoody
Posted 2005-01-24 10:41 AM (#165704)
Subject: Country Artist Received

After a very frustrating time with an ebay seller I have received my 1624 Country Artist! This is the Classical/Balladeer hybrid with a flat fretboard, nylon strings and a narrower than a Classical but wider than standard neck. It arrived with all of the finish cracks, dings and issues that were stated in the auction as well as a vintage 9 volt battery, mixture of strings and bar room odors associated with an ebay/pawn shop deal. Mechanically it is excellent and the newly cleaned electronics come through just fine. Had to do it at $175 with $20 shipping.

Country Artist Auction

At Serge’s recommendation it was strung with D’Addario Pro Arte Normal Tension set J-45s. The power of networking! Thanks!

A quick net search found a pictorial guide to stringing a classical. I think I have all my ends tucked neatly into themselves now. It’s good to have another Slothead!

I have been playing this one a lot lately and it is a really enjoyable guitar. Plenty of room for finger style and a unique sound. I don’t know Maliguania (SP) but I can butcher Classical Gas! Fleetwood Mac’s Oh Well comes across pretty fair!

I have removed the surface scratches using stepped abrasive pads from Stewmac. For the bigger dings and that 4“ gouge clear to the wood I have scored/scraped/smoothed and applied a Poly 2 part Epoxy. This is the same product used in decoupage and Bar tops. Sort of a cross between art and practicality, eh? In a day or so I will smooth it all to level, step sand and polish. It is looking fairly promising.

Pictures to follow!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tony Calman
Posted 2005-01-24 11:24 AM (#165705 - in reply to #165704)
Subject: Re: Country Artist Received

Good job - all it needs is a little TLC.

Just got in a really nice one from Serge. The other one I have still needs work on some finish cracks...will fix it when I get it back (temporary loan to another OFC'er.)

Found that acrylic paints can be blended, if necessary, to match the finish.
Strummin12
Posted 2005-01-24 12:13 PM (#165706 - in reply to #165704)
Subject: Re: Country Artist Received

Congrats, Bro!

I'd love to get one of these too!

Have fun!
Johnny
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)