The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
custom balladeer neck work

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

johbren
Posted 2005-07-15 11:02 PM (#143959)
Subject: custom balladeer neck work

hello everyone this is my first post anyway I have a 1986 custom balladeer that I bought in 1999 it has been just a fine guitar however latley it has developed buzzing on the little e string at frets 8 through 13 and also on the d and g string around fret four and five. I started taking lessons about six months ago and my teacher Eric Loy who is a great guitarist and well known here is south west ohio adjusted the truss rod and it helped it some but for some reason there looks like there is a buldge in the frets at the little e area I talked about before also there is a very small crack in the ebony fret board right under the G string about two inches long it doestnt seam to hurt anything :confused: anyway he sugested I take it to a local luthier (Mark Keyser) and have him work on it this guy is really good he built a harps guitar for my teacher several years ago so he knows what he is doing. I asked my teacher if it was his guitar what he would have the luthier do to it and he said he would have him plane the neck to a zero radius in other words make it flat he had that done to his taylor 514 it also has a 12 string neck on it so it is very wide for finger picking my question is have any of you ever had the neck on your guitar planed down like that? also my balladeer has a 1&11/16 wide neck does ovation make any necks wider than that so it would be better for finger picking as that is how I play? also I went to a guitar dealer and tried out some taylor 314s they sounded great but not that much better than my balladeer and at 1600 dollars I just cant afford that so thats why Im going to get mine fixed thanks for any input
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TexasDoc
Posted 2005-07-15 11:13 PM (#143960 - in reply to #143959)
Subject: Re: custom balladeer neck work

If you have any way to post pictures, that would help. There are lots of guys here that would be able to tell you exactly what is needed.

OR, send it back to Ovation. They know how to repair these guitars. I hear they do incredible work at very reasonable prices. Call Kim at Ovation, he'll help you out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)