The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation 2014 serial numbers

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

George6
Posted 2024-07-10 11:48 AM (#560350)
Subject: Ovation 2014 serial numbers

I noticed the on-line, documented Ovation serial number references all stop at 2013. I found that there was a last 2014 custom Adamas built at New Hartford before the 2014 shutdown but can’t find any reference to that serial number. Does anyone know what that last serial number was?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
George6
Posted 2024-07-13 4:58 AM (#560359 - in reply to #560350)
Subject: RE: Ovation 2014 serial numbers

I’m having a rough time turning up definitive information but so far this is what I’ve found.

• Adamas guitars built in New Hartford in 2014 have 5 digit serial numbers.
  • The exact number of Adamas guitars built in New Hartford in 2014 and the serial number of the reported last Adamas built there do not appear to be documented in publicly available sources.
  • According to published Ovation serial number records, the last Adamas guitar built in New Hartford in 2013 had a serial number of 23845. 
  • A 2014 Ovation Adamas 2081GT Red Sunburst guitar with a serial number of 23883 was sold on Reverb and is mentioned as one of the last few hundred ever made.
  • The “last few hundred” reference could span 2013-2014 so I’m guessing that the serial numbers for Adamas guitars produced in 2014 could have ended somewhere around 23900 or higher.
  • The last Adamas guitar built in New Hartford before the closure was reported to be a custom presentation guitar. That final serial number could provide further precision if documented. Unfortunately, without access to specific factory records or detailed production logs, the exact final serial number remains unknown. The guitar is believed to have been presented to an employee at the New Hartford site so it should be discoverable. Out of 47 employees there are probably less than 5 potential recipients and there has to be photos of it.

for the 2014 Ovation 6 digit numbers

• in poking around the earlier LT-60 question the last serial number documented for 2013 was 622539.
  • LT-60 proto 31 had serial number 622569.
  • 50 LT-60 were built.
  • Sequence gaps in observed the LT-60 serial numbers indicate other guitar models may have been built in 2014.
  • These serial numbers may exceed 622600.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)