The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
What happened to my "Sticky OP40" thread?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Nils
Posted 2004-05-05 12:06 AM (#188506)
Subject: What happened to my "Sticky OP40" thread?

I started a thread a few days ago entitled "Sticky OP40" regarding the pre-amp not wanting to pop out of my 2002 Collectors when I push the button. The thread seems to have disappeared so I'll try again.
Has anyone else had an OP40 that didn't want to pop up far enough to get a grip on it when you try to get it out to change the battery? I had to use a small flat screwdriver to get mine out the other night. It will pop up a fraction of an inch but not far enough to get a grip on it. The OP40 in my 1858 pops right out.

tia,

Nils
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Legend-LX-Fan
Posted 2004-05-05 12:55 AM (#188507 - in reply to #188506)
Subject: Re: What happened to my "Sticky OP40" thread?

Nils, there is a story here. The first time I used that 2002 collectors in church, the battery light started flashing. I had 15 minutes before services so I ran to the corner store and picked up a battery. I too thought the compartment would just pop out. I finally stuck a pick around the edges of it to pop it out. I got it back together about a minute before I had to play. That battery should be good for some time to come, I put a good one in there. It is weird that that thing is so tight. The OP-PRO pops right out in my LX.
Nils
Posted 2004-05-05 1:22 AM (#188508 - in reply to #188506)

The red light was on steady so I figured the battery was shot, that's why I opened it. It was still working ok. When I put in the new battery the light went out. I'm wondering if the spring is weak on the little gizzit that is supposed to pop it out. The latch works properly, it just feels like a really tight fit in the housing. I don't know wether to try powdered graphite or Tri-Flow next time.

/\/\/
bauerhillboy
Posted 2004-05-05 5:52 AM (#188509 - in reply to #188506)

When we have various problems like these, should we email John or Kim?
alpep
Posted 2004-05-05 7:40 AM (#188510 - in reply to #188506)

Nils
we have not pulled any threads or posts, maybe you had trouble with your connection and it did not post?
MWoody
Posted 2004-05-05 9:26 AM (#188511 - in reply to #188506)

Nils et al,

I ran a search for your venerable member number for 5 days and the "Sticky OP40" thread shows up - however, when I click it - it shows the "This is a Test" post...

Doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo (Twilight Zone Theme)
Nils
Posted 2004-05-05 9:45 AM (#188512 - in reply to #188506)

Originally posted by alpep:
Nils
we have not pulled any threads or posts, maybe you had trouble with your connection and it did not post?

It was there for a while Al, there was a reply to it & I replied to the reply. There must be a hiccup in the ether.
I'm not sure, but I think there's another thread missing as well. Anyway I couldn't find it last night. Brad had mentioned in it that he had been paid for a claim from UPS in two weeks (!) & I replied to it. (I'm still waiting going on 7 weeks to settle up on my Pacemaker.)

/\/\/
alpep
Posted 2004-05-05 10:45 AM (#188513 - in reply to #188506)

contact miles
he may have an answer
BruDeV
Posted 2004-05-05 11:40 AM (#188514 - in reply to #188506)

The first time I tryed to post "This is a test" I got a file name error and it would bring up Nils' post. Something must have got cross linked.
MWoody
Posted 2004-05-05 12:41 PM (#188515 - in reply to #188506)

This just in:
AP News 13:00 EST
SUBJECT: XFILES CANDIDATE

Scientists have reported a very strange occurrence of “Internet Personality Transference” that took place this week on a rogue BBS site cited for their fanaticism and addiction to “Roundback” icons, paraphernalia and devotion.

Officials were alerted when one of the Sect’s Ringleaders, a Mr. Albert Martin Pepiak, was reported by his wife as exhibiting stranger than usual behavior. Mrs. Pepiak realized there was something wrong when the FTD Florist delivery van stopped in front their home and actually delivered a flower basket with her name on it. It was from her husband Al. The Police report filed noted that she had noticed other strange behaviors such as “dishes being done” and “the garbage was taken out by someone other than herself”. She admitted she was hesitant at first to say anything.
Law Enforcement personnel; were responding to a report of a Domestic Dispute. As Mrs. Pepiak explained “when I got the flowers I just knew he was running around on me!”

The other involved sect member, Mr. Timothy Chapman from an unpronounceable town in California, was identified via an FBI database link when a missing persons report was filed by his wife. All she had was a handwritten note left on her refrigerator that read “Gone to look for Bims”. The FBI and Home Security Agencies are still attempting to decode what the word “Bim” really means.

Scientists believe the cause of the freak occurrence has to do with a lightning storm over a hazardous waste dump in New Jersey and a rolling Brown Out in California. Both homes contained burned out 386 E-Machine PC’s that had obviously been linked to the Sect’s Website.

One of the lead scientists was quoted as saying “sometimes this freaky ass stuff just happens man”!

A Team comprised of USC Scientists and Handlers from the California Democratic Party are working closely to swap the two personalities involved. An un-named source from the Democratic Party said “We have been successful at swapping personalities for years”.

Authorities had some difficulty removing Mr. Pepiak/Chapman from his home as he was shouting “Redwood, Redwood” at the top of his lungs while trying to go back into his home. FBI and Homeland Security Officials are trying to decode what the word “redwood” really means.

:D
Tim in Yucaipa
Posted 2004-05-05 2:04 PM (#188516 - in reply to #188506)

..... but Mrs. Chapman said she has noticed a change for the BETTER!

...now that I seem to be in NJ, I think I'll send all of the real Al's guitars to all the OFC Members!...heheheheheheheheheheheheh :D

timal
Nils
Posted 2004-05-05 2:24 PM (#188517 - in reply to #188506)

"The FBI and Home Security Agencies are still attempting to decode what the word “Bim” really means."

I'm not sure, but I think "Bims" are those high-buck yuppie VW's.

/\/\/
cliff
Posted 2004-05-05 2:27 PM (#188518 - in reply to #188506)

You mean the Cabriolet convertibles??

'round here we call 'em "Bitch Baskets".
Stevechapman
Posted 2004-05-05 2:54 PM (#188519 - in reply to #188506)

Well I've been waiting at least 21 years to say this.....
FILM AT 11!
Of Course, when you're in radio you never say it-But i've always wanted to.
Now thanks to the last few prior posts-I've been able to atleast type it!
Thanks Guys! a Dream Come True! :D
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)