The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Ovation 1669 Custom Legend For Sale, and It's a Beauty!!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

Patch
Posted 2013-02-06 4:08 PM (#464995)
Subject: Ovation 1669 Custom Legend For Sale, and It's a Beauty!!

These are rare, very rare. I can't find out much about them, but you can basically think of it as an early, cutaway Custom Legend. This one was built in 1985/86. (The Ovation site is a tad fuzzy on the details for some reason.) But it is in excellent condition for an instrument nearly 30 years old.

Other than some minor cracking in the neck binding and a tough-to-see crack in the rosette, the guitar is in great shape. It does have some pick scratching and very minor fretwear, but nothing out of the ordinary at all. It also has a slight bit of "bracing ripple" where you can feel a bit of waviness in the top. You have to be right up on it to tell though. You can't see any of this from 3 feet away.

It's a deep bowl, so the tone is superb. The neck is straight, and the action is impossibly low as only Ovations can manage without buzzing. You could easily add a shim or two to the bridge and it would still be comfy. (I like super low action myself, but I have a light pick attack.)

It has the stacked-knob pre-amp and puts out a strong signal that sounds Oh-So-Nice!

What else can I say. It's a heck of a guitar!

It comes with its hardshell case which is in average but usable condition. All buckles and latches work fine and it closes securely, But strangely, enough, the lining has started to separate from the top on the inside. The foam underneath is fine, but the lining is way loose. (See Picture.) It doesn't hurt a thing, but it looks funny.

Anyway, I'm looking for $845 shipped and insured in the U.S. If you are overseas, get with me for a quote.

You can find a few more pictures HERE.

Thanks for looking everyone.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)