The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
CherryBurst color/epulates shade variances

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Todd
Posted 2005-12-28 10:58 PM (#124520)
Subject: CherryBurst color/epulates shade variances

I mailordered a cherryburst quilt top celebrity cs257. The color is a much darker red, almost ruby red than the picture in the catalogue, and the epulates dont have the white/maple leaf tone to them, its more peach/tan shade. Is there much variance in the colors and epulates or has Ovation changed the colors?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Standingovation
Posted 2005-12-29 8:24 AM (#124521 - in reply to #124520)
Subject: Re: CherryBurst color/epulates shade variances

When dealing with natural wood products some variation should be expected. The same color stain will take differently to different cuts of wood (even the same type wood). Dave
cliff
Posted 2005-12-29 8:32 AM (#124522 - in reply to #124520)

Colours in print ads (and ESPECIALLY online) will vary considerably . . .

Other than seeing it in-person, you'd be very hard pressed to find a totally accurate representation somewhere.

Y'need t'come on the next FactoryTour (May 19th) and see 'em all "fresh from the oven" . . .
Omaha
Posted 2005-12-29 10:15 AM (#124523 - in reply to #124520)

Originally posted by Todd:
The color is a much darker red, almost ruby red than the picture in the catalogue
The real question is whether or not the picture in the catalog looked like the guitar it represented. I work in graphics, and short of some independent color definition system (eg, Pantone) there is no accurate way to express colors that is independent of their presentation.

My Ruby Graphite Adamas looks much, much darker (almost black) compared to the way the on-line photos look on my monitor.

Jeff
dougr
Posted 2005-12-30 5:48 PM (#124524 - in reply to #124520)

i ordered a plumburst celeb deluxe and when it arrived christmas eve,{ they} sent ruby red burst which is ok considering the ruby red burst was 200.00 higher in price. but some ruby reds i have seen are darker than others.i believe each guitar has its on personality and sound, no two are hardly ever the same, even if they came of the assembly line together.
Todd
Posted 2005-12-31 9:53 AM (#124525 - in reply to #124520)

I went to OvationTribute.com (a fabulous website)and saw pictures of a 2001 (or 2002?) collectors model with an African Cherry top that looks remarkably similar to my cherry burst. How fortuitous! I'm definately keeping this one. Thanks to all who replied to my post.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)