The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
No sound from pickup

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Beet
Posted 2010-06-09 12:57 PM (#3296)
Subject: No sound from pickup

Hi folks !
I have owned a 1985 Ovation Balladeer 1611 for 22 years and a while back I had a problem with the pickup not working. I found it to be just a faulty jack plug so I replaced it and I was greatly relieved to find it working again. But, today I tried plugging it in to a mixer amp and found the guitar was dead. I replaced the battery and the guitar pickup was still not working. I tried re-soldering the jack again, but to no avail. I think I'll have to take out the electrics and look over all the wiring and solder joints. My gut feeling is the wiring under saddle pickup is faulty. Also a while back, one of the black piezo strips (there are two each side on top of the bridge) slipped out of it's housing. I wedged paper between it to keep it from falling out. It worked well again for two years. If the pickup is faulty there is a OCP-1 (wide model)for sale at ebay.au for $80. Will this fit mine ? I don't know if mine is a wide or thin model pickup. The guy said google it to find out. Of course,I've never actually seen it because it's under the bridge. There are two nuts under the bridge, do these have to be undone to change the pickup ?
My Balladeer just has one single volume pot.
Thanks in advance.
John
PS: If I could just say that after reading about other peoples pickup troubles, the pickup on my guitar is balanced through all the strings and it would be nice to be able to repair it myself as Ovation repairmen don't exist where I live.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
AussieJames
Posted 2010-06-09 9:32 PM (#3297 - in reply to #3296)
Subject: Re: No sound from pickup

Hey Beet............welcome....

Where are you in Oz?

Post a pic....that will help.....

AJ
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)