The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Eclipse wiring

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> Ovation Electric GuitarsMessage format

HiHo
Posted 2018-04-11 2:01 AM (#543198)
Subject: Eclipse wiring

Finally got one, but it needs a little TLC. Took the neck off for shimming, and I'll see how that goes.

I'm curious how the wiring is supposed to be. At first I thought the switch was turned around 180 degrees, because UP was brighter than down (opposite of a Gibson, for instance). But then it seemed like the knobs were reversed, too. That is, the lower set of knobs control the neck pickup, while the knobs nearer the strings control the bridge.

Did someone mess with it, or is that how this model was wired?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dvd
Posted 2018-04-25 11:51 AM (#543404 - in reply to #543198)
Subject: Re: Eclipse wiring

FYI, mine behaves the same way as you are describing. So I think that's "as designed."

Note you can manipulate the neck angle without shimming, but it's a bit of trial-and-error. You loosen the four corner screws and then turn the center pin in and out. Think of the pin as a fulcrum point. Then you tighten the four screws again. Tighten the screws closer to the neck first if you are trying to move the head down relative to the body, or the ones farther from the neck first if you are trying to move the head up relative to the body. Not sure if I'm conveying that well, but play with it.

Enjoy!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)