The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Thanks

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Mike185800
Posted 2017-08-14 11:26 AM (#537071)
Subject: Thanks

I wanted to take a moment to thank the members, founders, and administrators of this fan based site for allowing me to join and access this clubs website and tap into its most valuable resource; an extensive treasure trove of wisdom and experienced based solutions to all things Ovation. My introduction to the Ovation solid body electric guitar was an accidental but most memorable encounter. About 5 years ago I was placing my trash into a dumpster that I rented and had placed at the end of my drive way about 50' off of the gravel road in rural southern Indiana. As with many I often had anonymous donors to increase the amount of  contents of the dumpster. I noticed an old tattered flat "suitcase style" electric guitar case from around the 1970's inside the dumpster. My curiosity,as it has many times prior to that, compelled me to enter the dumpster and retrieve the item. I could tell the case was not empty from the weight, but from most past experiences I was 99 percent sure that it was not what was going to be an item that the case was made to store. It tossed the case in the trucks bed and drove back to the house and figured I'd look inside of it when I had more time later and in all likelihood run it and whatever foul contents I would find right back to the dumpster. A few hours later as I cautiously opened the guitar case I thought I had tapped another dry well due to the foul smell coming from case but continued to open it up. The guitar that was dirty and had some mold on its surface was a ovation Viper with a 4 digit serial # and cleans up to a beautiful red finish reading only damage was a hair line crack in the pick guard , and has been my guitar of choice after I played it the first time. Thanks again, Mike

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2017-08-14 3:51 PM (#537073 - in reply to #537071)
Subject: Re: Thanks

Hello Mike, that's quite a find. Welcome to the club.
Mike185800
Posted 2017-08-15 2:38 PM (#537080 - in reply to #537073)
Subject: Re: Thanks

Ahhh. The perfect answer........
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)