The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Moderators:xraiderman

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Adamas Strings, etc.

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Member Communities -> Q & A with Ovation GuitarsMessage format

Mike S.
Posted 2015-12-17 12:29 AM (#519478)
Subject: Adamas Strings, etc.

Hi, 'd'ovation, and red-twins,
Adamas Strings, are very rare now, simply because, to the best of my knowledge, they are not being made any more. If you can still find them somewhere in Europe, BUY THEM!! My closest music store, Steve's Music, here in Ottawa, ON. CANADA, had 1 set left in stock, (Adamas Phosphor Bronze Light 1818, .012-.054), a few years back, and yours truly bought them, of course! They were also being sold at The Ottawa Folklore Centre, at one point, and despite the title, no, this music store NEVER carried any Ovation Folklore guitars at all, mostly L'arrivee's. The Ottawa Folklore Centre went bankrupt this past July, 2015. From my own working in a music store, some 30 years ago, I found out that their are only 2 major string manufactures here, at least in North America, but I'm not sure of the situation in Europe. One is C.F. MARTIN, and the other is D'ADDARIO. These 2 companies make all the strings, not only for themselves, but for all the other companies you buy from, regardless of the brand name. They have divided the territory for various brands them, simply because they both have such massive manufacturing operations, just for strings alone. Adamas Strings were made by D'ADDARIO, and that's why Ovation now uses D'ADDARIO Coated Strings on all their guitars. It was/is an upgrade from the ADAMAS, that made them obsolete, I think. DUNLOP made/still makes? a graphite ADAMAS PICK, but I'm not sure where to get this particular accessory now.
Mike S.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)