The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation Custom Shop work

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

paulramon1992
Posted 2013-05-23 11:23 AM (#470817)
Subject: Ovation Custom Shop work

Hi all

I'm still new here, but I've been perusing the site a bit. I've noticed some people have sent their Ovations off to the custom shop for work. Since I've been looking at the vintage Ovation guitars on sale, I thought it'd be interesting to email them inquiring about work. In one day they turned around and gave me a response (better than any company I've dealt with) and said they do repair jobs as well as factory install electronics on vintage Ovations!

I found an Ovation that I want to buy, a 1977 1612, electronics already installed, but the finish has some scuffs on it, etc. I was contemplating having the top refinished by them, mostly because the back/neck are flawless and I'd like a real ovation without breaking bank. Anyone have an idea what that would run me?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Patch
Posted 2013-05-23 12:08 PM (#470819 - in reply to #470817)
Subject: RE: Ovation Custom Shop work

Welcome aboard Paul. I can honestly say that the best thing you can do is take several good pictures and email them to the factory. I've had several re-builds done, and they've never over-run an estimate. (Just as long as there isn't any issue they can't see in the pictures that is. Not that that ever happened to me...)
MWoody
Posted 2013-05-23 1:41 PM (#470824 - in reply to #470817)
Subject: Re: Ovation Custom Shop work

They are as good as it gets!
Providing estimates over email can be tough, you should figure on shipping the instrument to them and know that you will be getting the benefit of all they have to offer.

I hope to schedule a Bottom Feeders Luthiery Guild and OFC Gathering in the NW some time this Summer.
There should be plenty of experts, DIY classes and opinions as well as the full family of Ovation like objects.
alpep
Posted 2013-05-24 7:09 AM (#470855 - in reply to #470817)

the service center is the best handls down the best
FlySig
Posted 2013-05-25 9:34 AM (#470901 - in reply to #470817)

I have no idea what they might charge, but I would guarantee it will be done correctly and for a fair price. We just got back my daughter's Adamas from the factory for a bit of non-warranty repair work and I am stunned at the craftsmanship and care they took. It could pass for a new guitar. Whoever did the work obviously loves his/her job and loves working on guitars. They exceeded my expectations, which were high to begin with after reading many stories on this forum raving about the high quality work from the Mother Ship.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)