The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
2002 Collector's w/ OHSC for sale

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

amrdjen
Posted 2014-06-10 12:47 PM (#487641)
Subject: 2002 Collector's w/ OHSC for sale

I bought this two months ago, but I'm not able to keep it:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ovation-Guitar-2002-Collector-039-s-Series-...

The wear from strumming that the seller mentioned was minor . . . I buffed it out. I didn't find whatever the seller was referring to by "finger oils", but I cleaned and conditioned the fingerboard just as I would any guitar. What I did find was a slight hump in the fingerboard where the neck meets the body causing a dead note on the 1st string 14th fret. No "fret out" elsewhere. Solution = humidify and level. I humidified to smooth out some of the hump, and adjusted the neck and saddle to factory specs. If anyone is interested in buying, you'll probably want to level/blend the frets around 12-14. The guitar is otherwise in excellent shape; the case too. About the African Cherry top . . . definite eye candy, but it does sound (and smell) different than the Elites in my opinion. You might want to check out some of the threads re. this model here on the site. Fast, thinner-than-usual, satin finished neck. Op-40. New Adamas 1818E strings.

I'm hoping to get my money out of this . . . $1,195 plus shipping.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
2wheeldrummer
Posted 2014-06-10 10:39 PM (#487686 - in reply to #487641)
Subject: Re: 2002 Collector's w/ OHSC for sale

Hate to burst your bubble on the price but theres a member selling a collection of collectors ovations which includes a 2002 collectors in mint condition for 900$ plus shipping.I bought the 99 collectors from him and his guitars are in great shape.
amrdjen
Posted 2014-06-11 6:08 AM (#487695 - in reply to #487686)

I'm aware of that. In addition to the collection, Al Pepiak has/had one at Lost Art Vintage for less than $1,195. A hazard of eBay is, of course, refusing to be outbid. I'll just keep it if it doesn't sell.
amrdjen
Posted 2014-07-07 2:54 PM (#489415 - in reply to #487695)

The fret issue has been addressed. The guitar plays like new now.
amrdjen
Posted 2014-07-07 3:01 PM (#489416 - in reply to #487686)

The 2002 that is part of the collection of collector's is now advertised as "near mint" . . . not mint.
jay
Posted 2014-07-07 3:43 PM (#489419 - in reply to #489416)

"near" is typically a hedge that most good sellers will incorporate into their description. Mint would have to leave the line with no flaws and almost never to have left the case. If human hands have touched it, a 12 year old guitar in near mint is about the best you get...so, in essense, it becomes the 10, in 1-10... for that particluar year and model.

Its all subjective...you just hope that the buyers subjective value is a tad less or equal to yours...then everyone leaves happy.

Edited by jay 2014-07-07 3:45 PM
Tony Calman
Posted 2014-07-07 5:11 PM (#489426 - in reply to #487641)

Since I joined the OFC in 2003, I have not listed a guitar if the same model was posted for sale or trade. For anyone who found it already sold, for those who procrastinated, I have sometimes mentioned in the thread if the one for sale is already taken, there could be another one available. I have not taken exception with the stated price of the item, nor referenced another sale. A good example is Dave's recent 1687-2 reissue when several procrastinated and indicated desire after it was sold.

The best sale is when the seller and buyer feel that they made an appropriate sale or trade. Frankly, if the price is too high, no sale. Seller can pull the item, provide more disclosure, adjust the price, or offer free shipping. If someone has material information as to a guitar's market value, it would be better to PM your thoughts. Fortunately, we are entering a period for O's and A's that have no 'norms'.
amrdjen
Posted 2014-07-09 3:33 PM (#489502 - in reply to #487641)
Subject: RE: 2002 Collector's w/ OHSC for sale

I'm not sure I fully understand the direction this thread has taken, and hope my etiquette is proper in saying that I still have a guitar for sale. If anyone is interested, please PM me.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)