The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Adamas 1 1688-7 for sale or trade

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

Northcountry
Posted 2006-05-30 8:13 PM (#327687)
Subject: Adamas 1 1688-7 for sale or trade

Hey Guy's I mentioned the possible sale of my 12 string a while back.
I have watched a few go on the bay since then and the prices are exactly where we all figured they would be. Amazing actually, considering it costs more to buy a new on as a reissue than it does to buy the real thing. No matter, I am still considering offers near the $2,000 mark.... mine is absolutly beautiful but there are some wear marks on the very tips of the epulets where long fingernails must have been placed. I think there may be photo's loaded into an older string about this guitar somewhere?? At any rate well worth the price, and I will get a some new shots if you want to see again.. The neck is straight, no wear on the tuners that beautiful light dusty blue with the beige outer ring color, Carved headstock and Bridge with the glossy finish, and it has the original case.
I have been looking at the Chapman Stick's for a short time. I need one to solve certain problems in trying to copy Tony Levin and his work with Peter Gabriel and King Crimson.
The 10 string versions have been fetching prices near the value of my Adamas so would like an even trade..... and the 12 string Grand Stick has been going a few hundred more every time so I would kick in some cash for one of these. So I thought that I would once again offer this great guitar in here first and for the heck of it see if anyone has a Chapman Stick sitting in it's case that they would be willing to trade for????
Fair enough?

Thanks Randy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Northcountry
Posted 2006-05-31 9:25 PM (#327688 - in reply to #327687)
Subject: Re: Adamas 1 1688-7 for sale or trade

OK so this is not considered a shameless Bump I'll add ?????????? hummm lets see.......... I know, I'll quote an old Genesis song!

"And I'm hovering like a fly.............waiting for the windshield on the freeway"

Randy
To Damn busy to practice songs with my partner lately! He's Pissed! And my hands are taking a beating from the work.
And not that anyone would care but My Mom's new appartment with radiant floor heating and an outdoor winding staircase to the deck is almost done! Finally got some "time off" to finish this stuff... Was on a three week trip to Letchworth State Park, south of Rochester all freeking month rebuilding the natural history museum there!
Am in the process, today and tomorrow, of kicking a real dead beat tenant out of our old home so a friend of the family can buy it super cheap with small payments! Still moving things from there to the new garage workshop.......Our pool has it's new liner in, can't complain; the old one lasted for 22 years! I had to replace a melted battery in the golf cart! My VW diesel decided that it had the handle on the drivers door used quite enough and so now I have to open up the back door and open the front door until I get it to the shop! It's like loosing the TV remote! Did not know that handle was so important to my life until it stopped working! I have no stinking time to mess with crap like doors in the interior panels! I will loose a day fixing it and most likely will have to wait for some stupid little part from the dealer to fix it right anyway! I have "ten" 26' telephone poles laying on the side of an embankment on the back 40 so I can build a 120' long bridge (trestle) that will be 30' high when copmpleted and be strong enough to carry the golf cart and four passengers. Lets see I totally missed Steve Howe, who came to a small theater very close to me last month because of all the endless list of projects I have going that pissed me off big time! He is a real Icon for me....... I have 6 full cords of 2'length wood in the yard to stack 2 more coming and three trees down that I need to finish cutting into 16" splitings.... and ohh yeah just in case anyone was wondering....Not..... I missed the Fan Club Gathering once again this year. Cuz Dam! Just imagine what I could do if I was not diabetic! I had a few songs real polished and ready to go to!
I swear I love the building process it gives me great pleasure to see things take shape but my new goal is to finish all the crap I have planned so I can just play music..... I'll bet if I put all my efforts into just this I'd be worth listening to! Then to top it off I have 5 songs now I want to do with the band project, which is on indefinate hold, and the songs would really sound perfect if I had a Stick! Am I nuts or what?????
Anyway how's your month going?
I'll sell the 12 string on ebay and just buy a stick if I have to I just figured there are some real musiicans in here who just might have one of these odd instruments kicking around and not really using it much anymore???? This would work out so nicely.

Randy
MWoody
Posted 2006-05-31 9:33 PM (#327689 - in reply to #327687)

Randy,
I would love to have your 12 string Adamas but I am broke and the only things I have to trade are broke or too nice to trade off.

What's a boy to do?
Northcountry
Posted 2006-05-31 9:41 PM (#327690 - in reply to #327687)

Dam Mike! I do like the trades! Pass the word, will ya? if you happen to know of a crazy bassist who has one of these Sticks. It's the only thing I am interested in enough to let this Adamas 1 go for, right now.

Thanks Did you make the gathering???
I really wanted to play some music with some of the guy's in this group... I am just mowed under and it aint gettin better soon! It's not an excuse it's unfortunatly a fact of life for me this summer....

Randy
MWoody
Posted 2006-05-31 9:56 PM (#327691 - in reply to #327687)

YOU SHOULDA BEEN THERE!

It was great
Tupperware
Posted 2006-06-01 1:20 AM (#327692 - in reply to #327687)

Originally posted by Northcountry:
Lets see I totally missed Steve Howe, who came to a small theater very close to me last month
Randy, I saw him April 10 at The Chance. Great show. Hate to rub it in but you missed a good one. Dave
Northcountry
Posted 2006-06-01 3:22 AM (#327693 - in reply to #327687)

From what I gather he played at a small venue called Northern Lights here in Clifton Park NY. less than 200 people showed up. Stage is set slightly higher than the audience and it is standing room only (no chairs in the place). He taked with everyone for a long time about YES and Music and some funny road stories!!! and even let one guy jump up and play a song with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd have given organ parts to have done this!

And yeah I met Kim from the Factory a short while back... did not know the Factory had such cool people working there. Ya kinda figure it is bunch of stiffs and the rest are all disgruntled....but they put on a good front for us....sure looks like I was figuring wrong.......... Between what I know of this bunch and after meeting Kim I know I would have had a good time and we could have jammed up a storm at the Hotel! No matter....on a similiar note to this I also found out last night from my acoustic duo partner/screaming lead player I missed Tony Levin who came to a small venue in Schenectady a few weeks ago too!!!!!!!! Jesus it just keeps getting better, I am trying learn a few of his pieces now. Seeing this guy Live is about as rare as seeing Steve!

Give me a moment while I stab myself a few times with a stick and smash my finger with a hammer! I'll be right back.........Can't sleep anyway

Randy
Tupperware
Posted 2006-06-01 6:29 AM (#327694 - in reply to #327687)

Annie Haslam sang a few songs with him. Turn Of The Century and something else, I forget. Dave
cliff
Posted 2006-06-01 8:40 AM (#327695 - in reply to #327687)

Dave;
I've got a recording of Howe/Haslam doing "Turn of the Century" . . lemme know if yer interested in a copy . . also Renaissance doing Paul Simon's "America" . . .
Northcountry
Posted 2006-06-01 9:12 PM (#327696 - in reply to #327687)

Dave let me know if you end up with a copy? I'll send you some blanks if you have a burner?? Anyone got any bootleg stuff from Steve's tour?? I'd be very interested?
Thanks Randy
Northcountry
Posted 2006-06-09 7:29 AM (#327697 - in reply to #327687)

Still interested in any Steve Howe Stuff if anyone happens to have something bootleg??
Also would anyone know if he ever made any of his solo tour stuff available for sale???
Randy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)