The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Zappa Plays Zappa; Accept No Substitutes

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2006Message format

72tour
Posted 2006-12-23 2:08 AM (#225302)
Subject: Zappa Plays Zappa; Accept No Substitutes

Went to see Dweezil play his dads music last night at the Roseland. The best concert I've ever seen. Napoleon Murphy Brock played and sang the entire concert. Bozio made an appearance on drums. And the little Italian Virtuoso Steve Vai came on and played as well. It lasted about 4hrs with two encores.

Dweezil had this weird expression on his face the entire time. It wasn't weird as in bad but this extremly calm... pleased look.

As usual I got stuck next to the drunk pot smokers. No joke this one guy was so high he was making animal noises.

Anyway, it'll be out on DVD on account of them filming it. Buy it and you'll see what I mean about Dweezil's expression.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2006-12-23 3:07 AM (#225303 - in reply to #225302)
Subject: Re: Zappa Plays Zappa; Accept No Substitutes

I saw Dweezil give what was called a demo of the Peavey Wiggy when it came out. In reality it was more of a clinic on achieving tone and the application of combining playing style and tone to create a specific overall "sound."

It was an impressive display.
flipsyde7589
Posted 2006-12-24 12:15 AM (#225304 - in reply to #225302)

I saw the show at the Beacon in NYC last June. Dweezel is more musical than his dad, but doesn't have the stage presence that FZ did. That aside, I thought that it was the best concert that I've seen in a long, long time. I have a bootleg CD of the show, but I'd really like the see a DVD.

I'm glad that Dweezel is preserving the Zappa concert experience. The set of songs was exceptional. For a long time Zappa fan like myself, it was amazing.

VIVA ZAPPA!

Mitchrx
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2006-12-24 1:32 AM (#225305 - in reply to #225302)

I saw this thread last night. Wanna know what pisses-me-off? I live TWO BLOCKS from the Roseland, and I wasn't there!! I miss all the good stuff.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)