The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Bridge Came Unglued...

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

E-Man
Posted 2002-05-11 7:41 PM (#221988)
Subject: Bridge Came Unglued...

I'm writing in to vent. I was just playing my Custom Legend, which I've had for 4 days now, and the bridge came unglued. I don't think the warranty card has reached Ovation in Connecticut yet!

I don't get it. Are these guitars really this poorly made or did I just get a lemon? The shop where I got it had to have the tuner fixed before I even bought the damn thing, now this!

Your feedback is appreciated, especially from Mr. Ovation. Thanks,

E-Man
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2002-05-11 10:36 PM (#221989 - in reply to #221988)
Subject: Re: Bridge Came Unglued...

I don't blame you for coming unglued.. along with your bridge.. I'd get ahold of Customer Service at Ovation ASAP. I do not know much about Ovation Acoustics (I collect the sold-bodies) and don't even know if you have a USA or import model, but if it's a NEW guitar I think the folks at Ovation would want to know about this. I actually thought the bridges were kinda bolted on myself, but I'm sure there are others with better info.
moody, p.i.
Posted 2002-05-11 11:27 PM (#221990 - in reply to #221988)

With a Custom Legend, this shouldn't happen at all. Contact Kim Keller or John Budney at Ovation ASAP. They will get you on the road to repairs. If you are the original owner, then you should have a life time warranty on the guitar.
alpep
Posted 2002-05-12 6:02 AM (#221991 - in reply to #221988)

I agree with Paul contact John or Kim on Monday morning. They will be able to help you out and get your guitar replaced or repaired.

I have seen some guitars with bridges that have come off put it is not a typical problem. The binary reisen that they use is very stong but like everything else it can fail as well.

As for the tuner. I have to admit that although the tuner in the preamp is cool it really drives me nuts with all the flashing lights. I use it as a guide to tune but wind up usually tuning by ear.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)