The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New Guy with questions....

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Scooter
Posted 2002-05-06 9:47 AM (#222169)
Subject: New Guy with questions....

My first post. I'm a new transfer from the Hamer Fan Club. Anyway, I'm not an Ovation owner - yet. Lookin' to buy one soon and could use a little guidance. Which models came with the built-in tuner? I checked out a Custom Elite - are they as nice as they appear? What do I need to look for? What to avoid?

Cool site.
Don
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2002-05-06 10:20 AM (#222170 - in reply to #222169)
Subject: Re: New Guy with questions....

Don
it is my understanding that all models in 01 will have a built in tuner. But don't worry too much about that. if you get a guitar with an op pre amps you can always upgrade to the pre amp with the tuner.
The tuner is a cool option and I have often used it but the flashing lights give me a headache sometimes.
think the custom elite is a very cool guitar.
thanks for being our 200th member
Harlan
Posted 2002-05-09 2:27 AM (#222171 - in reply to #222169)

Greetings! I just stumbled across a music store web site that has quite a selection of ovations. They even have a double neck that I wouldn't mind having in the studio. If you want to take a look go to www.victorlitz.com and check em out. Harlan
E-Man
Posted 2002-05-09 9:48 PM (#222172 - in reply to #222169)

Don,

Just went through purchase decision myself. Ended up buying Custom Legend. Beautiful, warm and friendly. Think the lowest in Ovation line that has tuner is Legend/Elite. In Ovation line (versus Adamas or Applause), the Custom- Legends/Custom-Elites have "Optima" electronics with tuner. The Legends/Elites have OP-24Plus C, the "C" being chromatic tuner.

Personally, I don't think the tuner is a big deal, unless you buy a 12-string. They are accurate and convenient though.

If I didn't get such a great deal on the CL, I would have gone for an Elite style. I think the face is sturdy and it puts out every bit as good as a center hole guitar. I liked the Elite Special. It has great features, sounds wonderful, just a few less cosmetics (also no tuner). Try the mid bowl. This group will tell you, you can't beat the acoustic sound of mid depth or deaper.

If you're shopping price, try www.GuitarTrader.com or www.musiciansfriend.com or check out Ebay. Al has some beautiful seasoned guitars or maybe someone here will refer you to their home page or another site.

Try them all before you buy. Best to spend the extra money to get what you really want. These guitars are worth it.

E-Man
Nils
Posted 2002-05-09 10:05 PM (#222173 - in reply to #222169)

That's a good link, thanks.
Nils
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)