The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Happy Viper Purchase

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

play4fun
Posted 2003-12-07 7:58 PM (#199785)
Subject: Happy Viper Purchase

Got the Viper AE68 I bought off ebay from Motor City Guitars ($499, they only charged me $13.78 for shipping ;also came with a hard case)and I'm just pretty darn happy about it. The 1995 guitar is in outstanding condition;even better than descibed. The ad said it had buckle rash on the back and even had a close up picture of it...turned out to be something more like dried snot and I scaped it clean with my fingernail! I don't think it was ever really played...the strings looked ancient...heck they might have been the originals. The action was high so I lifted the saddle ;unfortunatly I broke one of the pins when I tried to get it out..any suggestions on the best way to get the saddle out on these Vipers and where I could pick up a replacement pin would be appriciated. All 3 shims where still under there. I took one shim out ,put some x-light strings on gave the neck a little relief. Pluged into my acoustic setup and by cutting alot of mids got a good acoustic sound. Biggest thing to me it's like an acoustic but with more sustain. Any way,I think I'm going to like it alot. Hope you all don't mind the gloating but I had to tell someone! Any advice or comments welcome.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TRboy
Posted 2003-12-07 8:11 PM (#199786 - in reply to #199785)
Subject: Re: Happy Viper Purchase

play4fun,

Gloat away and enjoy!! I'm happy you like it (as I knew you would ;) ) Sorry I can't help you with the broken pin problem, maybe one of the other members have a spare/extra one or you could probably get in touch with Ovation's customer service!
. . . . . .

"Play it Loud" - Mike :cool:
Paul Templeman
Posted 2003-12-08 4:45 AM (#199787 - in reply to #199785)

I have spare pins, shoot me your address.
Paul Blanchard
Posted 2003-12-08 12:13 PM (#199788 - in reply to #199785)

Congrats on a super buy! You can get pins from Kim Keller at Ovation customer service, too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)