The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Quiz: Name this guitar

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Sad C255 Owner
Posted 2003-12-04 10:39 PM (#199972)
Subject: Quiz: Name this guitar

Hints:
- 3 year old 12 string with excellent care
- controlled temperature and humidity
- light 10s gauge Sessions strings
- crack in soundboard & distorted lower freqs.

Answer:
- Celebrity CS255 12 string

Conclusion:
- Poor design, materials and/or craftmanship

Thanks Ovation!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Legend-LX-Fan
Posted 2003-12-04 11:14 PM (#199973 - in reply to #199972)
Subject: Re: Quiz: Name this guitar

I don't have any experience with a Celebrity 12 string, and I am sorry that your guitar has given you problems. I can tell you this though. No one makes a better built 12 string that Ovation does in it's USA line of guitars. I have a Pacemaker 12 string that was made in 1981, and it plays like a dream. I am confident that you will find many players here who own Ovation 12 strings, and are more than happy with them. I hope you get a chance to own a USA built Ovation 12 string. You will be glad to own what I think are the best 12 string guitars you can buy.
Bob Mintus
Posted 2003-12-04 11:16 PM (#199974 - in reply to #199972)

Assuming you purchased your guitar new, it should still be under lifetime warranty. Have you had any contact with your dealer or Ovation?

It's disappointing when a product fails to meet expectations, but it's usually a good idea to contact the vendor before slinging mud.

Even if I didn't get the response I liked from the dealer, I'd be sure to contact Ovation.

However, if you've been in touch with the dealer AND Ovation without success, sling away!
Bailey
Posted 2003-12-05 2:16 AM (#199975 - in reply to #199972)

I haven't seen or played a Celebrity 12 string, but the Celebrity mandolins and 6 strings I have seen have been good quality instruments, the only criticism I would have is they tend to have plywood tops which should make them very sturdy and impervious to mistreatment. Maybe yours was mistreated or maybe you are confusing finish cracks with top cracks and poor setup as a flaw when it is easily corrected.

Bailey
adamas72
Posted 2003-12-07 6:53 PM (#199976 - in reply to #199972)

If it is so shitty, why did you buy it?
Standingovation
Posted 2003-12-07 11:25 PM (#199977 - in reply to #199972)

I've owned 11 Ovation 12 strings and had had ZERO problems. Dave

PS - I own one Celebrity mandolin and its a piece of crap.
Paul Templeman
Posted 2003-12-08 4:40 AM (#199978 - in reply to #199972)

Bob, there's no lifetime warranty on imports, which is another reason for the price difference.

If the guitar was bought new & it's within the warranty period go back to the vendor, if not you have a problem. You could talk to Ovation customer service & ask them if they can help.
Bob Mintus
Posted 2003-12-09 10:21 PM (#199979 - in reply to #199972)

Paul - the Ovation Web Site says Ltd Lifetime on Adamas, Ovation, and Celebrity. Applause and Pinnacle are 5-year Ltd. Maybe they changed policy recently.

My only point is - if it's 3 years old it ought to be under warranty. I'd be on the phone. Worse coming to worse, maybe I'd bug them so much they'd fix things just to get rid of me.

From what I've seen discussed here, Ovation appears to have a reasonable support policy. :p
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2003-12-09 10:31 PM (#199980 - in reply to #199972)

Here is all the warrantee info, but bottom line, you should contact your dealer first or more specifically an Ovation Authorized dealer. If you have no luck, I'd then call Ovations's customer support, but the first thing they are going to want to know is if you took it to a dealer first. If you have with no satisfaction, I would guess they would want to deal with it or get you to someone that will help.
Paul Templeman
Posted 2003-12-10 4:43 AM (#199981 - in reply to #199972)

It would appear that they are now offering a limited lifetime warranty on Celebs, which is amazing on such moderately-priced instruments and good news for the consumer. It seems strange that the Pinnacles, which are supposedly a "better" instrument than the Celebs only have a 5-year warranty.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)