The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Case lock

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Alina
Posted 2004-01-02 8:18 AM (#198032)
Subject: Case lock

I bought my 1867 Legend on ebay a little more than a year ago (2000 model, barely played). The only thing that was missing was the key to the case lock. My 22 month old daughter recently found that opening and closing the clasps is very entertaining - and now she is opening the case entirely. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a replacement key (I doubt it) or replace the lock (perhaps) or get a 3rd party lock that I could attach to the case (probably easy to find, but might look pretty ugly).

Thanks!

Alina
Top of the page Bottom of the page
grrroovedude
Posted 2004-01-02 8:58 AM (#198033 - in reply to #198032)
Subject: Re: Case lock

I don't know about ovation cases, since i have an old one, but many of my other guitarcases have generic keys. If this is the same with the ovations maybe someone can send you a spare?

Another option is to buy a replacementlatch from a hardware store and mount it on the case. Any good music store that makes or sells flightcases should be able to help you as well.

Martin
Standingovation
Posted 2004-01-02 9:32 AM (#198034 - in reply to #198032)

I think Martin is right - the keys all seem the same to me. They are also very simple, so I think if you took the case to a locksmith he could make you a key not not too much money. I've also found that I can use an allen wrench (allen key) to lock and unlock my cases. Just insert the small angled end of the allen key and fish it around until you feel where the key plate is and then rotate it. Another option would be to place something else around the case to keep your child out. Such as a rubber strap or belt. Dave
Alina
Posted 2004-01-02 10:53 AM (#198035 - in reply to #198032)

Thanks for the feedback. I'd like to avoid attaching a bulky lock or placing a strap/belt around the case. The case is located in a prominent spot in my house (easy access to play whenever I feel inspired) - so I want to keep the case looking nice.

If anyone has a case for a ~1999/2000 O (mine is a shallow bowl case, but it probably doesn't matter), and is willing to send me a key, I'd appreciate it (I'll even pay for postage ;) ). If the key does not work, I'll gladly return the key.

I'll try out the allen wrench in the meantime.

Thanks!

Alina
grrroovedude
Posted 2004-01-02 12:25 PM (#198036 - in reply to #198032)

On one of my old guitarcases a key from an attaché-case (is this english???) fit. Maybe try that as well. Or call Ovation?

Martin
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)