The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
ebay - Preacher 12

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

moody, p.i.
Posted 2004-01-22 9:42 AM (#196731)
Subject: ebay - Preacher 12

After seeing two Preacher 12's go on ebay in the $1100-$1200 range, one just sold for $590. It's hard to know what goes on in people's minds.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tony Calman
Posted 2004-01-22 11:20 AM (#196732 - in reply to #196731)
Subject: Re: ebay - Preacher 12

Paul,

My problem with this one, and I was barely outbid, was that I wrote twice to seller and didn't get a reply. No reply is sometimes eBay's fault and sometimes the seller.

Just a couple of pro/cons without response from seller: general statements, good pictures, more than adequate feedback, no PayPal or credit card - MO less protection. VERY GENEROUS shipping cost by FedEx...??

So, caution prevailed.

Maybe this was a fault of seller not having minimum bid or a reserve...we all know that a guitar that doesn't sell today may go high when relisted. Just depends on who is looking that week and, I believe, what time of year. Small sample so no credibility but I believe bidders frenzy happens more during the full moon...sweaty, hairy palms??
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)