The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
OT-Not Your Typical Christmas Movie

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2008Message format

Patch
Posted 2008-12-06 6:41 PM (#8219)
Subject: OT-Not Your Typical Christmas Movie

I discovered a movie that moved me quite unexpectedly this year. I'm a huge fan of films "based on a true story", but the story behind this one is on a par with Apollo 13 or Shackleton for being nearly impossible to make up. Do yourself a favor and rent Joyeux Noel, but do a little research before viewing it. You'll get more out of it. Google the movie. Then Google the events depicted. It's hard to believe something like this really happened.

I used this film in two of my courses this year (Sociology and Psychology), and both classes took more notes than they ever did during my lectures. :rolleyes:

BTW, the soundtrack for the film is good enough to raise goose-bumps. Here's a link to an original piece from the film. A song sung in English with a French title that's played on bagpipes in the movie. I want the music for it.

Hymne des Fraternises (AKA Forever, I\'m Dreaming Of Home)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
CrimsonLake
Posted 2008-12-07 10:08 AM (#8220 - in reply to #8219)
Subject: Re: OT-Not Your Typical Christmas Movie

I'm going to give it a look Patch. I was reading about this in a WWI history book. Descriptions of that war are unbelievably gruesome - the number of dead, the battlefield conditions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)