The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
StroboSoft by Peterson

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Chuck (Retired Navy)
Posted 2005-07-17 10:01 PM (#143791)
Subject: StroboSoft by Peterson

I received an ad from musiciansfriend.com (yes, i get their ad by email) for the new StroboSoft by Peterson. It is advertised as a way to give your computer a powerful way to tune your instruments. The standard edition is $50, while the Deluxe Edition is $80. I know that Peterson makes a $200+ tuner that is very good. How good is the computer version, and is it worth the price they are asking? Ask the experts here and find out the truth. Well, maybe. :) :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

Chuck
Top of the page Bottom of the page
stephent28
Posted 2005-07-17 11:19 PM (#143792 - in reply to #143791)
Subject: Re: StroboSoft by Peterson

If you have a way to plug into the computer to tune, I am sure it is as good as the real thing. Accurate to within semi-tones.

Downside is you can only use it when the computer is up and running and you are in the room with it.

Petersen is without a doubt the best tuner on the market. The new pedal tuner they sell might be a nice alternative if the price is right.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)