The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Adding abalone dots/ inlays to an O

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Corvairfan
Posted 2005-08-11 9:17 PM (#140957)
Subject: Adding abalone dots/ inlays to an O

Well I returned the 05 Collectors I bought at GC and bought Jim's 05 on the forum. THANKS JIM!!!!

Great guitar but it does feel like a narrow tight neck. Assuming I can get used to this one I would like to add abalone dots or inlays to the neck.

The factory won't do this.

Anybody done this? Anybody know of anyone in Ma that can do this? I assume adding dots would be a breeze but anything fancy like a diamond or something probably might be real hard.

I always wanted a CL cause of the abalone but if I can customize this one with a little bit on the neck and maybe an abalone or an abalone/mop truss rod cover and the pearl tuner buttons...it would be sweet.

Any thoughts? Any pictures of O's or other guitars with abalone dots I should look at? Any good online dealers you've dealt with for abalone dots?

What about that Fretware.com...are they legit? Might be a good way for $12 to see what they look life if the company is legit and the stickers won't harm the board..course I can try it on my s771 first.

Oh, I think guitars look nekkid without fretboard markers plus people complained when they jammed with me on my s771 they had to work real hard to find out where I was playing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jeff W.
Posted 2005-08-11 10:07 PM (#140958 - in reply to #140957)
Subject: Re: Adding abalone dots/ inlays to an O

george.chapman@pollak.com
....in Hollister, Ma
MWoody
Posted 2005-08-11 11:11 PM (#140959 - in reply to #140957)
Subject: Re: Adding abalone dots/ inlays to an O

I have stripped maple Viper necks and replaced the black dots with Abalone. It isn't right because I can't remove the frets and resurface, but it can be done. I'll only do it if the neck is beat. Viper neck sans abalone

The Fret ware dots are good, especially if you need the reference points.

The Abalone TRC is much simpler. I need to get back into the Shop and concoct some LX TRC options.

Since the 05C has a bolt on neck the Factory should be able to make a custom neck for your with as much "Bling" as you can afford??

This baits a question - "Can a "Folklore" width neck be added to any LX bolt on?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)