The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Kaki King

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

jaj
Posted 2005-08-09 8:30 PM (#141035)
Subject: Kaki King

hey, srry, i don't mean to spam, but on this site there is alot of kaki king fans i've noticed, now i came across a forum deticated to only kaki king its www.thekakster.com pleaz check it out if u are as into kaki king as i am. ps. srry if i get in trouble fore this
Top of the page Bottom of the page
beatlejuice53
Posted 2005-08-09 10:11 PM (#141036 - in reply to #141035)
Subject: Re: Kaki King

Maybe you should ask popcritic if it is ok to post this. I hear he knows her pretty well. Whatta ya think, Dave?
jaj
Posted 2005-08-10 1:02 AM (#141037 - in reply to #141035)

srry about that...is this ok to post dave?
stephent28
Posted 2005-08-10 8:40 AM (#141038 - in reply to #141035)

beatlejuice53 was being slightly sarcastic.

Popcritic (Dave King) is a member of the OFC and also Kaki's father. He has provided us with great information and videos of Kaki in the past.
Stevechapman
Posted 2005-08-10 8:55 AM (#141039 - in reply to #141035)

Neat Forum. I checked it out. Since obviously it's made of of Kaki Fans I'm sure popcritic wouldnt mind. :)He'll chime in eventually.
Markthemagic
Posted 2005-08-10 10:01 AM (#141040 - in reply to #141035)

Here is a site that is a lot of fun. He builds his own electric guitars and has a lot of fun being controversial, but maintains he is on a mission. Anyway, he has some nice things to say about Kaki King in his NAMM review.

Main site: http://www.zacharyguitars.com

NAMM review: http://www.zacharyguitars.com/NAMM.htm
popcritic
Posted 2005-08-10 11:16 AM (#141041 - in reply to #141035)

jaj, nobody has to ask my permission to post anything in this forum! I'm just a member like everybody else. I would have to agree that your initial approach was a little spammy, and it is probably by the good graces of the forum administrators that your thread is still here. Miles and Al have always run these forums with good judgment and common sense, as well as a fairly wide latitude for "free speech".

Okay, to the question at hand. I first became aware of The Kakster fan site about six weeks ago when it turned up as a Google hit. To a certain extent, I've been lurking to see how it would develop. Although one of the administrators privately asked me to join, I didn't think I should (undue influence, etc.), but Kaki herself did become a member fairly early on (she's also an OFC member, btw). As far as I can tell, the members are genuine fans of hers--most of them seem to be musicians (numerous postings about what tuning is she using, how is she doing that, etc.). Most of them seem to have seen a live performance by her. None of them seem to be motivated by financial interests of one type or another.

By the way, reference to her as the "Kakster" is not at all derogatory--in fact it's a nickname I called her while she was in high school.

Anyway, OFC members are free to look at it and make up their own minds. As a group, I've always found them well-educated, good humored, naturally curious, Ovation-loyal and all-around nice people. They have certainly been nice to me and Kaki.

Hope this covers the subject.

Best to all--

Dave King
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)