The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Elite T - 2005 Collectors comparison

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Markthemagic
Posted 2005-08-13 7:49 PM (#140772)
Subject: Elite T - 2005 Collectors comparison

Ha,

I bet some of you thought I was going to give feedback on this comparison.

But I, like you who are reading this post, am searching for feedback.

I am not in a postion to buy at this time, because I am between jobs and studying to take the ARRT Test to reactivate my Radiographers license on Sept. 15th. With a lot more study and some help from God I will pass and with the demand in this area, hopefully soon find a job in X-Ray.

I have been interested in the Elite T for awhile, but am now getting gas for the 2005 Collectors.

When I get back in the positive cash flow situation I will begin the pinching and hunting.

Is there anyone out there that has tried both and can share impressions?

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BrianT
Posted 2005-08-13 8:07 PM (#140773 - in reply to #140772)
Subject: Re: Elite T - 2005 Collectors comparison

I own a 2005 collectors. It is a loud and strong sound. I think the contour bowl gives it a little more oomph in the bass. The Engleman spruce makes it a bit stronger and sparkly in the mids and trebles. It is one of the finest sounding Ovations that I have ever played, and I have played quite a few differant ones. I think the only Ovation that I have personally sampled that sounds better is the U681T Adamas. I am sure there are various Adamas and Custom Elite/Legend models which would also be nearly as impressive.

One negative against the contour bowl is that it is not quite as ergonomic as the traditional bowl; sitting the contour bowl is excellant, but standing with a strap it's a bit thick and boxy and doesnt tilt up as easily when you want to see the fretboard.

I have played several Elite T's but have never owned one. I think they are fine guitars and a good value for the money. I certainly would say they are equal to a Balladeer or an Standard Elite tone wise, and they are certainly more affordable. One thing I personally did not care for on the Elite T's is the rough surface. I think it would bother my fore arm and hands playing one for a long time.
Capo Guy
Posted 2005-08-13 9:03 PM (#140774 - in reply to #140772)

Check Out Standingovation's newest aquisition.
MWoody
Posted 2005-08-13 9:18 PM (#140775 - in reply to #140772)

Ok, start the meter on the Soapbox...

Having played three 05 C's in music stores, being the owner of an Elite LX and a momentary owner of an Elite T I want to tell you they all sound and feel similar to me. All are lovely.

You need to decide if you want single or multi-hole and how much "bling" to go with it!

For the money I would get the Luscious Red Elite T we saw not long ago.

Get something with more abalone when you hit that next promotion!
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2005-08-13 9:19 PM (#140776 - in reply to #140772)

I've tried both, and own a 2005 Collectors, like BrianT. Also, like Brian, I think the sound of the EliteT is similar to a Balladeer or a Standard Elite. It doesn't have quite the "refined" sound of the Legend or Elite, or the 2005 Collectors.

The EliteT actually doesn't sound THAT different from the guitars I see you own already. If you like that sound and want more, get the EliteT. If you want something different, get the 2005-ES.

I have an Applause AA14-4, also (the origin of my name).....

Roger
jyam4
Posted 2005-08-13 11:04 PM (#140777 - in reply to #140772)

Mark...

While I never played the '05 Collector's, I do own an Elite 1778T (in red, by the way) and an Elite Standard 6778LX. In everyone's opinion at my house (including my own), the EliteT is the best sounding of the two. It feels great, as well. You could probably get one new for almost half of what you would pay for a 2005-ES.

Joe
Alaskan Fly Guy
Posted 2005-08-14 3:39 PM (#140778 - in reply to #140772)

I have both the 2005 and the Elite T in red Flame. Both are great guitars but they are as different as day and night to me. The 2005 would be the day. It is much brighter and has very nice tone all the way across the board. The EliteT is the "dark horse" to me. It has a much deeper tone. Very full, rich, and is almost as loud as the U681T. I find the EliteT a little easier to play then the 2005. As it has been stated here before, the 2005 seems to be a little thinner at the nut thus cramping me just a tad. The Elite seems to have enough more room that I can easily notice it. I really like them both. Different flavors for different tastes!
Tommy M.
Posted 2005-08-17 9:08 PM (#140779 - in reply to #140772)

It all depends on what you want to do with your new guitar. I see you have a few acoustics already. My newest O's are LX, Legend and 12 string Legend LX. I can't say enough good things about them. But, a year ago I bought an Elite T 1868,thin body, and it kicks ass. Durable as a tank. Plugged in, forgetaboutit. The neck is like a strat. Go out and do your gigs with this baby. I learned fron the 2005 tour, it's the biggest seller. IMHO.
Tommy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)