The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
The end of Dark Ages...
[Frozen]

View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

LBJ
Posted 2007-10-21 5:28 PM (#77551)
Subject: The end of Dark Ages...

...at least in Poland.
Platforma Obywatelska (Citizen's Platform) - liberal party won with BIG margain (PO - 44%, current ruling party - PiS - 30%, Social-democrats 13%, Polish People's Fraction - 8,4%) and I, and i think - most of young people in our country count on them, that Poland will be once again respected in European Union, and will no longer be a "euro-stopper".
Few people outside of Poland really could understand what was going here.
Law and Justice (PiS), which is ruled by our (soon to be gone - i hope) president's brother - Jaroslaw was worst party to rule Poland in years. They've been searching for enemies inside of Poland. They've been targeting well known, distinguished persons and trying to sling mud at them.
They've supported Radio Maria - ultra-catholic, antisemitic radio station, and they publically expressed their support for that station.
Our foreign policy was just awful - they went on confrontation path with Russia and Germany, and our interests suffered greatly. Russia doesn't allow our meat anymore, and because of polish stupid politics there is some bad feelings against us in nearly whole europe.
I hope now it will change.

...and maybe, in 5 years i'll be able to afford brand new Ovation / Adamas.
And Behemoth will get permission to play concert in Poland :D
Top of the page Bottom of the page
stonebobbo
Posted 2007-10-21 7:57 PM (#77552 - in reply to #77551)
Subject: Re: The end of Dark Ages...

Change is usually good. Especially when it involves politicians. Congratulations!
Beal
Posted 2007-10-22 9:16 AM (#77553 - in reply to #77551)

Not that we cover politics here. Of course if Hillary gets elected the dark ages will start here. Maybe we'll need to move to Poland....
LBJ
Posted 2007-10-22 10:03 AM (#77554 - in reply to #77551)

i know that this board is apolitical, but I've started this thread because i know there is no one else from Poland here, and there are few people from Europe, for whom that information might be interesting, because under old government Poland became something like a "big brake" for whole European Union. Now there is a real chance it will change.
moody, p.i.
Posted 2007-10-22 10:08 AM (#77555 - in reply to #77551)

LBJ, information is good. Not certain that this is the board for it, tho'.

Beal, if Hillary gets elected, I'm gonna move to where all the liberals, like Alec Baldwin, moved when Bush got elected. After all, they said they would do it. I'm assuming that they're good to their word?
an4340
Posted 2007-10-22 10:21 AM (#77556 - in reply to #77551)

I´m glad you could throw out the bums.
Paul Blanchard
Posted 2007-10-22 12:16 PM (#77557 - in reply to #77551)

Major news on places like Poland is scarce in the USA, unless one watches the BBC or has access to other sources of information such as the Web. CNN, Fox, and MSNBC consider stories about O.J. or Britney to be far more important than critical elections in a major European nation.

Time will tell how this plays out for you, but good luck on getting your guitar and staging your concert!
LBJ
Posted 2007-10-22 12:44 PM (#77558 - in reply to #77551)

it's important for me because:
1) in last 2 years (time last prime minister ruled) Poland started turning into a Belarus-like country. Special services were widely used by politicians to destroy political opponents, and public television turned into a propaganda tube.
2) i won't be so ashamed going abroad. Our last prime minister didn't have wife, car, bank account, driving license, and - although he is close to 60's - still lives with his mom. NO WAY that kind of person could be a prime minister in normal country.
3) roads will be built much faster, because last regim was looking at every private company who wanted to build roads as on a thief - as a result in 2 years there was only 8,5 km of highways built IN WHOLE COUNTRY (they've cancelled orders for over 300 km more because they felt that price was to step, now current governament will be forced to pay twice as much because labour costs risen)
4) catholic extremists influences will deteriorate in country

There is too much to count.
It was really grat feeling to get up today in a normal country.
lanaki
Posted 2007-10-22 12:58 PM (#77559 - in reply to #77551)

Originally posted by LBJ:

in last 2 years (time last prime minister ruled) Poland started turning into a Belarus-like country. Special services were widely used by politicians to destroy political opponents, and public television turned into a propaganda tube.
smells like the good ol' USA to me.
alpep
Posted 2007-10-22 3:44 PM (#77560 - in reply to #77551)

I think we need to steer clear of politics no matter what the country of orgin.
LBJ
Posted 2007-10-22 5:41 PM (#77561 - in reply to #77551)

agreed.
please close or delete this thread.
Waskel
Posted 2007-10-22 6:13 PM (#77562 - in reply to #77551)

Dear Mum & Dad,

I am well. Hope youse are too. Tell me big brothers Doug and Phil that the Army is better than workin' on the farm - tell them to get in bloody quick smart before the jobs are all gone!

I wuz a bit slow in settling down at first, because ya don't hafta get outta bed until 6am. But I like sleeping in now, cuz all yagotta do before brekky is make ya bed and shine ya boots and clean ya uniform. No bloody cows to milk, no calves to feed, no feed to stack - nothin'!! Ya haz gotta shower though, but its not so bad, coz there's lotsa hot water and even a light to see what ya doing!

At brekky ya get cereal, fruit and eggs but there's no kangaroo steaks or possum stew like wot Mum makes. You don't get fed again until noon and by that time all the city boys are buggered because we've been on a 'route march' - geez its only just like walking to the windmill in the back paddock!!

This one will kill me brothers Doug and Phil with laughter. I keep getting medals for shootin' - dunno why. The bullseye is as big as a bloody
possum's bum and it don't move and it's not firing back at ya like the Johnsons did when our big scrubber bull got into their prize cows before the Ekka last year! All ya gotta do is make yourself comfortable and hit the target - it's a piece of piss!! You don't even load your own cartridges they comes in little boxes and ya don't have to steady yourself against the rollbar of the roo shooting truck when you reload!

Sometimes ya gotta wrestle with the city boys and I gotta be real careful 'coz they break easy - it's not like fighting with Doug and Phil and Jack and Boori and Steve and Muzza all at once like we do at home after the muster.

Turns out I'm not a bad boxer either and it looks like I'm the best the platoon's got, and I've only been beaten by this one bloke from the Engineers - he's 6 foot 5 and 15 stone and three pick handles across the shoulders and as ya know I'm only 5 foot 7 and eight stone wringin' wet, but I fought him till the other blokes carried me off to the boozer.

I can't complain about the Army - tell the boys to get in quick before word gets around how bloody good it is.

Your loving daughter,

Sheila
Jeff W.
Posted 2007-10-22 7:43 PM (#77563 - in reply to #77551)

Sheila?!....

From Arkaroola?
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2007-10-23 2:00 AM (#77564 - in reply to #77551)

I've closed this topic. The information is good, and maybe got a few people like myself to research the topic and learn a little something that we didn't know before. That's always a good thing, but no need to discuss it here.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)