The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
A useful little book!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

HobbyPicker
Posted 2007-10-31 2:40 AM (#76403)
Subject: A useful little book!

A while ago I bought "Basic Guitar Workout" by George Mead. It's just a collection of 120 different technical exercises in three groups, Warm-ups, coordination and ear training. I've used it like suggested, picking one exercise from each group by random each day and spending two minutes on each. Does not take much time, a nice kickoff to a practice session, and I believe it works too! I'm convinced that I'm able to play new fingerings amooth quicker than before. What's nice is that you don't get stuck with one exercise, you'll have variation each day, and I also find that the exercises are pretty well designed.

It was even very cheap, so it's hereby recommended to anyone interested! ;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Blanchard
Posted 2007-10-31 6:28 AM (#76404 - in reply to #76403)
Subject: Re: A useful little book!

Cheap and easy.... that ought to appeal to most guitarists. The book is available on Amazon for $7.95.
Captain Lovehandles
Posted 2007-11-01 9:49 AM (#76405 - in reply to #76403)

I special ordered one from Borders to pick up at a local store when it comes in. Thanks for the tip. The sample pages on Amazon looked interesting.

Hope you're doing well, Erik. You seem to be staying pretty busy with your guitar playing.
HobbyPicker
Posted 2007-11-01 12:28 PM (#76406 - in reply to #76403)

Originally posted by Captain_Lovehandles:
Hope you're doing well, Erik. You seem to be staying pretty busy with your guitar playing.
Thanks, I'm doing fine. Keeping busy playing guitars is good for me, left alone in a big house. I've even just started to play with a banjo player from Canada, and that sort of kicked things off a bit. Making music together is really a completely different experience from noodling all by myself. :)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)