The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
1763 classic

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

mrmayo
Posted 2013-02-08 9:10 PM (#465090)
Subject: 1763 classic

Hi, I am new to the group. I've played guitar for about 30 years, but recently obtained an Ovation at a pawn shop. That day, I found a Martin D-18 (1999-2000) for $475, but also grabbed an Ovation 1763 Classic Electric Acoustic for $160 (couldn't pass that). I always liked Ovation guitars - was happy to find it

This one plays great. I love the way the neck plays, and visually its beautiful. The only question I have is there is vibrating/distortion coming from within the guitar body when played acoustically (It operates fine through an amp). The note is not distorted when played softly, just when playing loudly.

I will try to post a pic, but the inside confirms American made, & is a Factory Reconditioned Guitar (I don't know what this means).

Any opinions or advice appreciated, & thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2013-02-09 3:10 PM (#465115 - in reply to #465090)
Subject: Re: 1763 classic

Howdy... not a Miracle Whip guy, eh?
mrmayo
Posted 2013-02-17 8:35 AM (#465412 - in reply to #465115)

what a lame forum
TAFKAR
Posted 2013-02-17 4:31 PM (#465419 - in reply to #465090)

Hey, take it for what you get, people here tend to joke around a bit. Most people can't respond to your query yet because they don't have access to the Welcome Centre. In regard to your problem - is it a single note or a particular string? If it is a note, then there is probably something loose resonating inside - either the wiring harness has come loose or there is a loose brace. If the wiring harness is loose, you can check this by shaking the guitar - it's not supposed to rattle.

If the problem is confined to one string, it may relate to the nut, the bridge or one of the frets. Does the problem go away when the string is fretted (or capoed)? If it's buzzing on a fret, try to find which fret, by walking up the frets one at a time. Also, does the problem go away if you put new strings on?

Edited by TAFKAR 2013-02-17 4:32 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)