The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
OT: RIP Jay Aaberg

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

CanterburyStrings
Posted 2011-05-25 12:36 PM (#351837)
Subject: OT: RIP Jay Aaberg

I want to let all who met Jay at last year's gathering know that he left this world late last night. When he was first diagnosed with terminal cancer eight months ago, the doctors gave him two weeks. He outlasted their predictions and what's more, even though the cancer had spread to every organ in his body, he never had a moment's pain. No morphine or other pain killers.

His mind was clear and lucid right up to the time he lost consciousness last night. He was still playing guitar until a few weeks ago.

He was a wonderful man and he handled this ordeal with grace and dignity. I am so lucky and proud to have known him.

I am not asking for sympathy. I am celebrating the fact that this world contained such a great person for the past 71 years. I know I will meet him again, and we will play some fine guitar together, better than we ever did on this earth.

I respectfully ask that no one respond to this thread. Just give thanks for Jay, and know that all who knew him have been enriched by his friendship, his music, and his beautiful heart.

Thank you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Beal
Posted 2011-05-25 2:48 PM (#351838 - in reply to #351837)
Subject: Re: OT: RIP Jay Aaberg

sorry to hear that Alison.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)