The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Norse(almost "Mesa")man

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

Norseman1
Posted 2007-07-02 12:36 PM (#314327)
Subject: Norse(almost "Mesa")man

Hey all, it's been a while.

Last March I decided I was fed up with the cold Minnesota winters...as I posted, I was going to look into moving to Arizona..well, not taking things lightly, I put a lot of effort into this possibility.

To make a long story short, last week, after having several offers(WOW they really need teachers in Arizona) I was offered a contract to teach in Mesa Arizona...a nice increase in pay, and at one of the top High Schools in the state (Mountain View). My wife and I where packing getting ready for the move...during this time, my son and girlfriend(hope to be his wife soon!)blessed my wife Yvonne and I with our first grandchild. Unfortunately, our Granddaughter was born emergency C-section, and had to be airlifted from Brainerd to AbbottNorthwest Hospital (Minneapolis). She was born with a respritory infection, fluid in the lungs and chest and not doing well at all. Well, with no other support system for my son/girlfriend other than his mom and dad (her family lives in Florida), we dropped everything to be with them through this crisis...well, the clouds were lifting, the baby was doing much better, I let the Superintendent at Mesa know that I would be down for the formal contract signing in a few days...then we found out our granddaughter had meningitis...

To make a long story a bit longer...she has been down in Minneapolis for the past month (and so have we for the most part)...the good news is she will be coming home this week, and we are trusting she has totally recovered from the meningitis...the bad news is...I had to decline the job opportunity I worked three months to land...an absolute dream job! We prayed, and God said STAY... it's hard, but as I have learned in life...it's not all about me.

I have a daughter who miscarried a year ago..she is expecting again this October...it would have been hard to not be there for her either...and my Dad is still living with me (of course,I already had him convinced how good life would be sipping maragita's in an outdoor swimming pool...in JANUARY!).

Looks like I am sending my 1711 To Skip in Deleware...I know he will be happy with her.

Well, gotta run...I committed to doing a Johnny Cash Gospel Tribute at our 4th of July Gospel Night here in Brainerd (tomorrow's the entertainment...today is practice). They fly in the real talent from Nashville, and fill in with local woodticks like myself!

Take care...sorry for the length of the post (and being off-topic...but you'all is like family to me).

Norse(maybe NEXT year could still become Saguaro)man1
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MWoody
Posted 2007-07-02 12:45 PM (#314328 - in reply to #314327)
Subject: Re: Norse(almost "Mesa")man

Glad to hear from you norsey! Keep praying and planning man.

BTW - We need good Teachers in the Puget sound area as well. I can't promise margauritas by the pool in January but my heating/cooling bill averages $150 a month.

Shoot, Tuppy spends that much on strings!
Northcountry
Posted 2007-07-02 1:41 PM (#314329 - in reply to #314327)

Ya know they will still need good teachers if you decide to do this again in a few years.
All the best.........I am sitting by the pool now here in Northern NY....... but in January....?????.....Man you have a point there.
Randy
Trader Jim
Posted 2007-07-02 2:17 PM (#314330 - in reply to #314327)

We can usually sit by the pool most of the year here, and as a result, we usually don't. The hot weather gets as old as the cold does. (I think) :cool:

Great to hear from you again Norse. Ya'll come back now.
Thanksforallthefish
Posted 2007-07-02 2:25 PM (#314331 - in reply to #314327)

Originally posted by Trader Jim:
We can usually sit by the pool most of the year here, and as a result, we usually don't.
:D :cool:

we resemble that remark..

Norseman, congrats on the geographical/temperate/employment upgrades..

and on the grand!! hope everything is on the mend and brighter.

Glenn
skip77
Posted 2007-07-02 5:34 PM (#314332 - in reply to #314327)

I'd like to add my wishes for the grand daughter's complete recovery and health.. and for the other daughter's child too.

I would like to tell everyone in the forum something the rest of you already knew about Norseman1 and I am only just finding out - he is a first class gentleman and owner of 10, well, now 9 awesome Ovations! Thanks for the great deal, Scott. I'm grateful. Would you guys beleive Norseman1 shipped my first Ovation today even though he has not received payment! That my friends is a decent human being. Thank you Scott.

Payment will be in the mail tomorrow morning! I'll let you know what I think of your 1711 Balladeer!
Trader Jim
Posted 2007-07-02 5:43 PM (#314333 - in reply to #314327)

OK, I'll jump on the Norse bandwagon. When I was interested in that same guitar, he offered to ship it to me to try, and if I didn't like it, send it back or if I did, send him a check. That is unusual in this day and age. Norse, I hope you don't get burned someday being a nice guy. There's darn few of us left.. ;)
fugot
Posted 2007-07-02 8:49 PM (#314334 - in reply to #314327)

Norse(good people)man- you know things work out for the best, whether we realize it or not at the time...hang tough bud, besides it is sort of hot down there......and within a few years, your climate is going to warm anyway....be good, peace mike
TRboy
Posted 2007-07-03 2:04 PM (#314335 - in reply to #314327)

Hello Norsey, It's good to hear from you again....I was just thinking of you the other day!

Sorry you missed out on the job in Arizona but you and I both know you did the right thing....Family is most important and God has bigger plans for you!

Hang in there and take care of them babies!!

btw: Good luck on your Johnny Cash Gospel Tribute!
MusicMishka
Posted 2007-07-03 2:41 PM (#314336 - in reply to #314327)

Norseman,
We haven't met but I am keeping your situation in my prayers...I do know that when one door s shut, another will be opened...Enjoy your family; like is very short after all!

BTW, when I bought my 1687-2 from a California dealer whom I had never met, we agreed to the deal on the phone, and he put my guitar in the shippers hands that afternoon; knowing full well we had signed nothing and that my guitar would be coming only after I received the Adamas...thts true class and yes, it's rare in this day and age...but that's the way we did it "back in the Day". Again, bravo Norse!

Blessings...
Norseman1
Posted 2007-07-05 12:13 PM (#314337 - in reply to #314327)

Hey guys! I just had a chance to check out the OFC since posting my "Mesa-Man" topic. I am humbled by all the accolades...truly not deserving, as I have met more than my share of EXCELLENT human beings on this board (several of them posted on this topic). Their generosity certainly supercedes anything I have ever done here. That's what makes this forum exceptional...the genuine kindheartedness and always informative/helpful people that visit here. I'm just honored to be considered part of the family!

What a great idea Al and Miles and the guys had when they created this forum. With all the bad stuff you hear about the inter-net and it's abuses by predators and unscrupulous people, there ought to be a way to publicize positives like the OFC...oh yea...I do that by word of mouth with my local friends!

Peace...and by the way Skip, I will not cash your check when I get it, until I know you are happy with the guitar... this is no different than the treatment I have received from fellow OFCer's, and I am happy to continue the tradition!

Norse(...and thanks for your prayers... my granddaughter is now coming home and is doing grrrrreat! No obvious signs of complications, and brain scans/ultra-sound(?) done showed all appears to be normal...well, that is as normal as can be expected for a Norseman family member)man
Grif
Posted 2007-07-05 12:19 PM (#314338 - in reply to #314327)

Norseman, glad to hear everythings looking up regarding the family. And just think, there are colder places than Minnesota, like Northern Ontario for example. It's nice to know that ther's an OFC member that's within a 5 hour drive from here.
skip77
Posted 2007-07-06 1:09 AM (#314339 - in reply to #314327)

Norseman1 - You are THE man and everyone knows it. Thanks for the extra consideration on holding the money orders but no need - I haven't a doubt that I will be happy with your nice Balladeer. I don't expect a word of complaint on my part at all. I'm very happy with the deal and will enjoy and take good care of your long time friend, the 1711. Thank's again. Hopefully, you'll get payment tomorrow or Saturday although I've never sent mail to Minnesota before and don't know how long it will take to reach you. I'll post a new topic when I can objectively compare tone quality and playability to my current brood of acoustics. Going to be a fun evaluation. Stay tuned!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)