The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
12-string

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

flash
Posted 2005-05-13 4:50 PM (#151006)
Subject: 12-string

Hi!!! I want to buy a 12-string guitar. I'm thinking about buying this one http://www.ovationguitars.com/?fa=detail&mid=68 . It's the elite 1858. What is your opinion in this guitar? What else do you have to propose in the price of 1600 euros? Thanks...!!!!! [Smile] [Smile]
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Stevechapman
Posted 2005-05-13 5:44 PM (#151007 - in reply to #151006)
Subject: Re: 12-string

Flash,
The 1858 is a great guitar. I own one that i bought a little more than a year ago and i had the factory tweak things just a bit. They changed the bowl depth from shallow to a mid-depth for better acoustic projection, and i had them give it atransparent blue finish. Pics are in the members access section just scroll down to my name and the pics should be on there. The projection is wonderful. The tone is full and even. just right to my ears....bass,a nd high end. It is a sweet playing USA Ovation.
If you are a fan of shallow bowl 12 strings. you'll love this one. especially if you play mostly plugged-in. if you want to a little more acoustic response, see about getting the factory to change the bowl-depth for you.
The elite and the legend should sell for around the same price. hope this helps.
Nils
Posted 2005-05-13 10:36 PM (#151008 - in reply to #151006)
Subject: Re: 12-string

I have an 1858 ss bowl & I like it a lot. Had I been as smart as Steve I might have ordered it with the mid-depth bowl but I'm perfectly happy with it as is. It's not as loud & doesn't sound as good as my Pacemaker acoustically, but that would be comparing apples & oranges. For playing in the living room it's plenty loud enough. In a larger venue I plug it in & it comes alive. The ss bowl makes it a very comfortable guitar to play. Oh yeah- it's also gorgeous.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)