The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
factory tour

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

fugot
Posted 2005-06-17 5:29 PM (#147354)
Subject: factory tour

I am only home for a few minutes, need to go pick up the godson, but OH MY GOD was today cool.
I actually played adamas #47, adamas teardrop, limited editions reissues for ovation's 40th anniversary, and other sweet guitars. The hamer tour was an awesome, And now I am worried I have a new addiction to collect.
I saw adamas reissues model 1581 in the factory coming down the line. etc.
Today was a good day. thanks Miles ,thanks AL, thanks ovation/hamer. today was really a good day

peace mike
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Stevechapman
Posted 2005-06-17 5:53 PM (#147355 - in reply to #147354)
Subject: Re: factory tour

Mike,
Did they give away a guitar??? what did they give and who won??
Beal
Posted 2005-06-17 5:55 PM (#147356 - in reply to #147354)

They had free llama rides but nobody took them up on it. Pictures at 11:00.
Beal
Posted 2005-06-17 6:08 PM (#147357 - in reply to #147354)

And for a slightly more serious post,
Throughout our lives there are special events and they can be for a day or several. Some of the Frankfart Music shows used to be this for me, you're in a totally different place doing different things with people that you know well, slightly or not at all. By the end of the event you've had a great time and gotten to know many of the people much better. You've grown better from the experience. Today was one of those days, it was great to be with all those who were here, to hang out and talk and play guitars (as if I never do that!!)
Yes, a special day. Those who missed it, well you missed it, BUT there will be another next year. Those who were here, I'm sure will all agree, even the llamas.
Tony PD
Posted 2005-06-17 6:39 PM (#147358 - in reply to #147354)

Sorry I was unable to make the pilgrimage this year.

Anything new on the horizon?
Who won the raffle and what did he/she win?
Please, I want details, details, details!!!
stonebobbo
Posted 2005-06-18 12:44 AM (#147359 - in reply to #147354)

It was indeed a magical day, and it was great to have W2 in attendance ... it seemed to lend an special aura to all the great things on the horizon. I must say that the entire Ovation organization was incredibly accomodating ... they are a great group of people dedicated to making the finest instruments, bar none. Thanks to one and all for making our day so great.

There will be lots of discussion ... but here's the headline news version ...

A reissue Josh White ... handlaid fiberglass shiny bowl from the original molds, 5 point bridge, 3 piece top, 12 frets, slothead.

A deluxe Balladeer reissue ... handlaid fiberglass shiny bowl, 5 point bridge, 3 piece top.

A Glen Campbell (1627?) artist bowl reissue. Single volume knob.

A reissue 1618 12 string ... the one we saw was sunburst, 12 frets, slothead.

A legend limited reissue ... 1651-7. Like John Lennon has on the cover of the acoustic cd. Stacked volume/tone controls.

A new Adamas prototype ... contour bowl, "slash" soundhole on the bass side with an aluminum "eyebrow". Gunmetal grey hardware. Fabulous guitar.

Two prototypes for a 2006 Collectors ... both with solid KOA tops and contour bowls. One was a 12 fret, slothead, with an oval soundhole on the bass side only, tortoiseshell binding. The other was 14 fret, elite-style soundholes with inlid maple epaulet on bass side. Very nice guitars.

Custom Legend and Custom Elite both have contour bowls effective next month.

Look for limited edition paints jobs on the Elite T's ... an outside paint company will be doing limited runs of a bunch of different designs (the same folks who have been responsible for the flame paint jobs). The blue "bubble" finish was particularly fetching.

There will be new preamps coming out, including an OP Studio that addresses some of the points raised about the OP Pro, including output level.

The outside jam was great, even if we had to scramble out of two brief rainshowers. Incredible performances by so many of the very talented members of the OFC. There was an unbelievable array of Ovations and Adamii to ogle, fondle and listen to in the hands of masters.

I am sworn to secrecy on all activities related to the llamas.

Special thanks to Rick, Frank, Jol, Kim, John, and Sherwood. You guys are the BEST!

And we all owe a huge debt of gratitude to aLeX and Miles for bringing all of this all together.
Waskel
Posted 2005-06-18 6:35 AM (#147360 - in reply to #147354)

...and Bobbo rocked last night, especially on the old Beatle and Who tunes!

(Any 'swearing to secrecy' he did was between him and the llamas.)
Jeff
Posted 2005-06-18 9:34 AM (#147361 - in reply to #147354)

Can't wait to see some pics of the tour!

Those re-issues sound really exciting... Any word on when they will be available?

Jeff
schroeder
Posted 2005-06-18 5:01 PM (#147362 - in reply to #147354)

"You've grown better from the experience. Today was one of those days, it was great to be with all those who were here"

Yeh, right. You can only say that cos I wasn't there, nor Bongo boy nor the Fayetteville fanatic and several others. Wait til next year and you'll realise how low this club has fallen. 2005 could turn out to be the high-water mark for the OFC. ;)

BTW - I can't believe how good the guitar in the draw was. Are these people insane? And I'm looking at my Custom Legend in a whole different light now I know the Llama Lady put the abelone on.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)