The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
just curious....!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

purple flame
Posted 2005-06-19 4:08 AM (#147183)
Subject: just curious....!

I'm just curious: What would be the value of my 1778T Elite Purple Flame?? (pictures in my album,photo gallery)
Notice: contains OP-Pro, and....flamed bowl as well! :rolleyes:
Top of the page Bottom of the page
stephent28
Posted 2005-06-19 12:28 PM (#147184 - in reply to #147183)
Subject: Re: just curious....!

Purple is rare....check recent ebay sales and figure a bit more for the rarity of purple.

I remember those pics in your gallery....awesome the way the colors changed with the lights!
LeStrange1
Posted 2005-06-20 12:11 PM (#147185 - in reply to #147183)
Subject: Re: just curious....!

Wow, when it's vintage it'll be more valuable than you could ever imagine. It's a KEEPER!

Reminds me of the days my brother and his pals would play marbles in the yard. They had five very distant "pots" dug out and played a game called POISON. You had to play with your most prized marble which was one that everyone wanted to snatch off of you (Steelies not allowed) and add a marble (sort of like an ante) to the middle pot; the Poison pot. If you shot and missed a pot, you lost your keeper into the poison pot. It was also good to knock someone elses marble into the boonies as you aimed for your next pot. Your goal would be to make it to Poison first. My brother had one he called a yellow jacket. It was smaller than an average marble and the black and yellow color swirl was dark and FINE. Even I wanted it! (Girls not allowed though) He won a LOT of "keepers" with that yellow jacket and sometimes would give me, his cheerleader, one that I liked. Nobody ever won his keeper and 30 years later, with quite a few battle scars and chips, he STILL has it and keeps it guarded in a little wooden box. He says it brings back some of his greatest childhood memories and wouldn't part with it for the world. :) LoL...which brings me back to YOUR keeper, purpleflame. Enjoy it, keep it guarded in it's "box" and try to imagine the monetary AND sentimental value of that guitar 30 years from now! :D

LeStranger
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)