The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Got my first Ovation today!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

CapnCook
Posted 2005-06-22 8:12 PM (#146613)
Subject: Got my first Ovation today!

Hello all I just found this website after buying my first Ovation an 1868T Elite Black guitar. I have been an Ovation fan for years and finally broke down and bought one . My first guitar was an Applause it was a sunburst with aluminum frets. I bought it in 1978 and that thing is indistructable, it has been thrown, kicked, droped, left outdoors and only God knows what else and I still play it. My new guitar sure sounds sweet! I bought and Ibanez Troubadour 20 watt amp to go with it. Didn't know I could play so loud LOL. Needless to say this one will not be treated like that old Applause. I also have a seagull s6 that sounds great but nothing like the 1868T. Anyway great website!

CapnCook
Top of the page Bottom of the page
xnoel
Posted 2005-06-22 8:56 PM (#146614 - in reply to #146613)
Subject: Re: Got my first Ovation today!

Welcome CapnCook.
Several have Elite T's. I have a 1778 and really like it.
Precher_Dan
Posted 2005-06-22 10:29 PM (#146615 - in reply to #146613)

Welcome CapnCook to the only Ovation web site you will ever need. I just bought my first ovation also, 2005 Collectors. The info I found here helped me make the decision to buy the collectors much easier. Almost anything you need to know about Ovations can be found here.
worshipleader
Posted 2005-06-22 11:37 PM (#146616 - in reply to #146613)

Congratulations CapnCook! Kim at the mothership told me that everyone at the factory was blown away when the made and then played the first Elite T. They couldn't believe how good it played and sounded - me neither! I believe as many here do that the Elite T series is the best sounding guitar in the world for under $800 street. I've had an 1868T and really enjoyed it. I moved to a 1778T for a little more acoustic bottom end. You will love yours, and the shallow bowl is a joy to play, so play on!
CapnCook
Posted 2005-06-23 9:06 AM (#146617 - in reply to #146613)

Nice to hear from ya'll! The sound and the shallow bowl really sold me on the 1868T. Sounds great unplugged but when plugged in it really has a GREAT sound. The low action also doesn't kill my fingers when playing for extended periods. I love sitting down the the guitar and playing. It has renewed my love for guitar!

CapnCook
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)