The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
I'm now an Ovation owner

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Rasmuth
Posted 2005-08-02 11:32 AM (#142028)
Subject: I'm now an Ovation owner

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm now the owner of an Ovation CC026 model acoustic/electric...

while I know this is a low-end Ovation, I'm very satisfied with the guitar...

my primary use, besides playing it of course, is to have an acoustic option for my home-studio...

I've been experimenting with a combination direct/mic setup and the recorded sound is real sweet

Glad to be here and I look forward to learning more about these great guitars.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Capo Guy
Posted 2005-08-02 11:36 AM (#142029 - in reply to #142028)
Subject: Re: I'm now an Ovation owner

Welcome to the club.

Lots of good advice can be found here,( well most of the time). :D
Slipkid
Posted 2005-08-02 11:38 AM (#142030 - in reply to #142028)

Welcome....Oooooh boy!...hang around a bit and you will learn alot!
You don't have to apologize for your "low end" Ovation. Ovation's "low end" compares well with another's "high end".
MWoody
Posted 2005-08-02 11:51 AM (#142031 - in reply to #142028)

Welcome!

(the other) Mike W
Stevechapman
Posted 2005-08-02 12:13 PM (#142032 - in reply to #142028)

Wecome aboard! Glad to have you here and congrats on your new Ovation.
Waskel
Posted 2005-08-02 12:18 PM (#142033 - in reply to #142028)

Welcome, Rasmuth. Congratulations on your new Ovation! I'm sure you will be very contented with your great guitar for years to come!

I'm also sure if you hang around this board very long you'll either have more fine Ovations than you can shake a tuner (which real men don't use) at, or be exploding from GAS.
John B
Posted 2005-08-02 12:56 PM (#142034 - in reply to #142028)

That's how it started with me. I bought a so called "low end" Ovation about eight years ago, and the rest is history.......

Enjoy your new Ovation and welcome to the club.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2005-08-02 1:17 PM (#142035 - in reply to #142028)

I had the low end Matrix since 77, bought the 12 string and was content with those for the little that I played. Then I saw a CC057 Celebrity that I wanted, but the store sold it to somebody else. Bought a Celebrity Deluxe, traded it on the Collectors', bought the GS, 2 amps, Classic and Balladeer and my wife made me stop. That's the last 6 months. GAS pains haven't gone away. I play most every day, have fingernails on my right hand, but not my left, and take a guitar most everywhere I go.
I thought this forum would help, but it has made it worse. I know I have a problem, but the only cure is more Ovations. That's my story. Welcome to Ovationholics, Semi-Anonymous.
Captain Lovehandles
Posted 2005-08-02 1:39 PM (#142036 - in reply to #142028)

Congrats. I have been a member here for a year and a half, and just got around to ordering my first acoustic O last month. I joined to get info on my electric O, and have finally begun down the slippery slope of Guitar Acquisition Syndrome.

You'll enjoy this site from now on. Welcome!
Frets
Posted 2005-08-02 2:40 PM (#142037 - in reply to #142028)

Oh wow, I don't meet many folks with longer nails on one hand than the other. I grow them longer on my right hand and (when it's in the budget) acrylic them as well. The finger picking sound is clear and defined. I actually rarely use a pick when I have the acrylic on as my fingernails are like having 5 picks at the ready.
mtnbikerfred
Posted 2005-08-02 4:17 PM (#142038 - in reply to #142028)

My name is "Fred" and I'm and Ovation-Adamas-aholic. It's been 3 months since my last GAS Attack, but I admit it. I've borrowed a guitar since then. I cannot hide my disease, I have the right hand only finger nails, and the "working man's calouses" on my left fingers to remind me how weak I am. I think I'm getting "bar-chord calouses" too.

12 Steps of O&A/A

1. We admitted we were powerless over
GAS—that our lives had become unmanageable (without another guitar).
2. Came to believe that a collection of guitars greater than our own could restore us to sanity. (yeah, Right!)
3. Made a decision to turn our will and credit card numbers over to the care of AL as if we understood him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our guitars, and how much fun they are to play
5. Admitted to CWK2, to ourselves and to another OFC Member the exact nature of our GAS.
6. Were entirely ready to have AL put us down for a OFC/#47 when they're available.
7. Humbly asked Him to hold our checks until after payday, and not to tell out wives.
8. Made a list of all persons we had given GAS to with our guitars,and became willing to help advise them on their next guitar aquisition
9. Made direct efforts to help such people (with the OFC, AL, Ebay links, etc)wherever possible, except when to do so would jepordize an amazing deal on a guitar we've been waiting years to get our hands on.
10. Continued to take a personal guitar inventory and when we had GAS promptly sought/traded to fulfill it.
11. Sought through the OFC, Al, and Ebay to improve our collection (even if that means trading and selling off a few guitars to make room for something new), hoping only for knowledge of a great deal when we see it and the assets to aquire it without hassle.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this
message to WOOD BOX guitar players, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Amen.
jyam4
Posted 2005-08-02 4:32 PM (#142039 - in reply to #142028)

Hey Rasmuth;

Welcome! I actually like the Celebrity CC026. I tried one at a Sam Ash in Long Island, and I thought it sounded pretty good unplugged. I was just playing my Celebrity CSAT47 (made in Korea, as well) this afternoon, and it sounds great. I have two other Ovation Elites (US made), and my Celebrity compares well with them.
Joe
Joe Camel
Posted 2005-08-02 5:14 PM (#142040 - in reply to #142028)

Rasmuth,
Hold on to your seat...this is one hell of a place to visit...I only own one low-end "O" too, but that isn't because of want, just jack...ask anything and expect answers, humor, ribbing, and, well, who knows...welcome,best of luck and enjoy making music...
GrilledCheese
Posted 2005-08-03 7:09 AM (#142041 - in reply to #142028)

Welcome to the club. I too am an Ovation owner. I have an Ovation Deacon electric solidbody, as I like my music loud and proud. :D

Someday I will have an Ovation acoustic, but for now the Takamine will have to do. :)
ignimbyte
Posted 2005-08-04 10:51 PM (#142042 - in reply to #142028)

Welcome to the OFC! Before I got my Ovation, I started on a Korean-made guitar. In fact my current Applause is made in China, and I'm pleased with its sound.

As previously mentioned, you don't have to apologize for your low-end Ovation. This forum is informative and the members here are very supportive of each other -- regardless of the "high-end" or "low-end" guitars owned. I tried other guitar forums, but this is the one that I like the most, and I have decided to be an active and participating member here. For example, I used to be a part of the UMGF, but somehow (maybe indirectly), it made me felt very left out. Most of the members there bash Taylors every now and then, and would often talk about their (H)D-28s, Marquis's, jumbos, OMs, and customs and the occassional LXM as the ideal travel guitar over the backpacker. Any M guitars below a D-15 are almost never mentioned or talked about, thus it made me feel inferior and alienated. :(

So welcome to the OFC, and I hope that you will like it here. Hoping to hear more about your O. :)

Peace!
Gil
purple flame
Posted 2005-08-05 7:28 AM (#142043 - in reply to #142028)

Welcome Rasmuth! I'm a member for half a year now and it gives me al lot of pleasure to communicate with all these O-fanatics; it adds something special to my guitar (..and it's good for my English too, haha!) Have fun!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)